Skip navigation

"The Shadow has arrived" x 5

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Tread Marks > "The Shadow has arrived" x 5
Pages 1 2
Level 14 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on November 6, 2005 at 9:34 pm

First of all, thank you for the new map rotation... it rules... and now it is even harder to quit playing :lol:

Maybe, you can consider this next request... there were 5 shadows spawned in last game I just played... and an average of 3 for the last 4 games :shock:

That's a lot of shadows for 1 game.... :cry: is it possible to reduce them?

Thanks!

Level 14 Human gamer
Alignment: Chaotic
Posted on November 6, 2005 at 9:49 pm

you do realise that would make the "LDA Stock Server" not stock anymore, correct?

Level 14 Human Shadow
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on November 6, 2005 at 9:59 pm

While I agree it wouldn't be stock, that many shadows is a bit extreme :)

And while we're not making it stock, how about making it a super-nuke server? :lol:

Level 16 Human gamer
Posted on November 7, 2005 at 8:32 am

Lets keep weapons stock.

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on November 7, 2005 at 9:41 am

no stock because it has less shadows?

The average of shadows is 3-4 shadows per game?
I don't recall being so much... 1 or 2 the most.. just an observation... :shock:

Level 13 Human Unaffiliated Game Maker
Posted on November 7, 2005 at 10:15 am

A stock server is safe for people who haven't downloaded the things needed for a non-stock server.
It would still be safe if you changed the wieght, but I think it's all luck anyway other than the wieght.

Level 15 Human Jack-of-all-trades
Posted on November 7, 2005 at 11:06 am

Adjusting the weight down a bit for the shadow entity, while it will make the server 'NOT STOCK', will not affect players with 'STOCK' installations.

Adjusting the entitiies to pair down if not remove a weapon doesn't require any downloads other than syncing at connection which will be abandoned when you quit TM or connect to another server.

If you are going to be that extreme, than you need to pull the 'STOCK' dedicated.cfg off of a 'STOCK' installation and forget about the new map rotation too.

I haven't played 85Weapons lately but I think Irascible's description of a Shadow death says it all. If you drop the weight of the Shadow and nukes for that matter down to around 10 to 15 you aren't eliminating them, just making them rarer. You will still have instances where you will have multiple arrivals of them just not every game.

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on November 7, 2005 at 12:09 pm

wonky gun is set to 10 out of the box :)(nukes are 20). once set a weap to 1...and had 5 show in one game. you want annoying hows this, for a ddm we once had the armagedion map show up 3 times in a row!

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on November 7, 2005 at 4:02 pm

a map rotation change doesn't cause an ENT synch, changing a weapon does.

I'm totally against changing anything from stock on the LDA main server.

Level 16 Human gamer
Posted on November 7, 2005 at 4:04 pm

Shadow is simply part of the gameplay of TM, sometimes its for you other times its against you, mostly its irrelevant if you're a skilled player.

Seumas included it at its current weight, and I say it stays at the current weight period.

Level 14 Human Shadow
Posted on November 7, 2005 at 5:46 pm

wonky gun is set to 10 out of the box :)(nukes are 20). once set a weap to 1...and had 5 show in one game. you want annoying hows this, for a ddm we once had the armagedion map show up 3 times in a row!

What's wrong with Armegeddon 3 times in a row? :twisted:

Level 14 Human gamer
Alignment: Chaotic evil
Posted on November 7, 2005 at 5:51 pm

What's wrong with Armegeddon 3 times in a row? :twisted:

Heck, why not 5? :twisted: :mrgreen:

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on November 7, 2005 at 7:51 pm

if reducing the weight means changing the "stock" status of the stock server then I wouldn't do anything either...
Maybe it was just a bad week... err evil week I mean... >:)
If 4 or 5 shadows keep poping up on each game; I probably won't have to say anything... I'll just use them :twisted:

Posted on November 8, 2005 at 10:56 am

mostly its irrelevant if you're a skilled player.
I agree. AI's just don't know when to use them. An AI shadow was close to me, infact chasing me while I was driving backwards. So I took him out with an avenger before he fired a single shot! The AI's not bad but maybee it should go higher than 100?

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on November 8, 2005 at 7:30 pm

i agree with that.. a higher ai would be cool, loike 1000 (1k) whould be sweet!!! :twisted: :D

Level 15 Human Jack-of-all-trades
Posted on November 8, 2005 at 7:56 pm

And lets kick up the ammo on the CM too to something, a bizillion, or more....

Level 14 Human Shadow
Posted on November 8, 2005 at 10:20 pm

Why not just replace all explo ents and damage levels for all weapons with those of the Matter Bomb or Nuclear Missile.

In fact, make it so that R-grenades turn into nukes when they explode.

Whee!

That reminds me of back when I ran the "Hell" server - that's exactly what it did. Avenger matter explos. R-grenade nukes. Concussion nuke explos. WHEEE!

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on November 8, 2005 at 11:08 pm

one thing i have noticed is that if you give an AI a Tank sniper, it is very hard to get to them and kill them before they kill you.

Level 16 Human gamer
Posted on November 9, 2005 at 1:46 am

You know you have been modding too long when you call the mass driver the sniper. :wink:

Posted on November 9, 2005 at 10:37 am

I hate the way that happens!

Pages 1 2