Skip navigation

Win XP and TM

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Longbow Support > Win XP and TM
Level 13 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on October 31, 2005 at 1:06 am

Ok just what do I have to do to get this to work with XP?

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on October 31, 2005 at 1:33 am

dunno, what sort of error messages are you getting? for me it was a case of; insert disc(& select install game), then update the game(before trying to run the game), start the game (yes to unblocking it(win firewall)) get fragged. provided you have a suitable vid card, win xp installs with a high enough version of directx(you might have to visit the vid cards manufacturer's website to get the openGL driver for your card)

Level 16 Human gamer
Posted on October 31, 2005 at 2:45 am

Might want to try asking in the "LDA Support" forum.

Level 13 Extraplanar Programmer
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on October 31, 2005 at 12:07 pm

Moved to the Support forum.

As far as your troubles, Tread Marks works just fine on Windows XP. The most common problem is that you need to update your graphics drivers.

If that's not the trouble, or if you need any additional help, reply here with the error message you're receiving.

Level 13 Human Unaffiliated Game Maker
Alignment: Chaotic
Posted on November 1, 2005 at 10:39 am

So many games I've requested help for and they all say to upgrade my graphics drivers...it may work sometimes but never for me - and why do I often find other games stopping working when I do this.
Is like going backwards not forwards - had to get that out my mouth sorry :oops:

Level 13 Extraplanar Programmer
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on November 29, 2005 at 12:20 pm

It should be a very, very rare occurrence that a game stops working when you update your graphics drivers. It can happen if there was a bug in the new driver or the game relied on an old bug, but those are very uncommon.

For the most part, it's always a good idea to keep the newest drivers on your computer.

Level 13 Human Unaffiliated Game Maker
Alignment: Chaotic
Posted on November 30, 2005 at 10:41 am

Maybee a reinstall might work so that the games will "Adapt"? :roll: