Skip navigation

Unofficial Version of RBT?

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Longbow Support > Unofficial Version of RBT?
Level 13 Human gamer
Alignment: Chaotic evil
Posted on October 29, 2005 at 12:01 am

I would like to point out that recently, I have been told that there has been a new version of RBT released as version 1.0.4. I do not know much, but after looking around, I found this page which is a download for RBT, but it is version 1.0.4. I am wondering if it is a bootleg version of rbt, or an official new version. As far as I know, the latest official version of RBT is 1.0.2. I also found that on some crack sites, there are "patches" for this game. It is a bit suspicious IMHO... :?

Level 13 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on October 29, 2005 at 7:19 pm

That's Reflexive's version of the game. I think it's a 60 minutes trail, and the webpage button on the mainmenu is gone. I recognized this earlier this summer, and yes, it was version 1.0.4 back then too.

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on October 29, 2005 at 9:03 pm

Ok, got that settled. Now, does LDA know about this, and if yes, did they authorize it? And then, if LDA's 1.0.2 is still buggy and Reflexive's 1.0.4, then wouldn't LDA's version be obsolete? Then this raises the question... who fixed the bugs, LDA or Reflexive? So many questions...

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on November 2, 2005 at 5:47 am

I remember I asked Jim about this... They gave Reflexive the right to sell the game or something, so it gotta be authorized. I believe it's basically the same version as LDA's currently release, aka v1.0.2, so I guess Rerflexive will recieve updates from LDA whenever there are some...

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on November 2, 2005 at 10:33 am

Yeah... but there is one last final question on my mind. Their version is 1.0.4, and the bugs that 1.0.2 has have been fixed. Now I am curious, did LDA fix those bugs, or did someone else fix them instead? Rick, do you know the answer to this? :?:

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on November 6, 2005 at 8:15 am

Meh.. I don't care. RBT 1.0.5 should be out when they've finished Hegemony...

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on November 6, 2005 at 11:49 am

Well... it's still good to know anyways...

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on November 20, 2005 at 12:28 pm

I don't know if this is an issue or not but I bought RBT off of the Reflexive arcade site and the expansion pack for RBT won't install . So far I have not recieved any response from LDA about this .

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on November 20, 2005 at 6:51 pm

As I have said before, it seems peculiar... we are still waiting on LDA for some clarification... I think.

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on November 27, 2005 at 2:46 pm

Sure would be nice to know what is going on!
RBT is a great game...
Communication is essential in all aspects of life.

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on November 28, 2005 at 3:14 pm

Jim of LDA games helped me out on the expansion pack installation whereas I had to install the LDA version to install it . I don't know if it was me doing something wrong or the reflexive arcade version of RBT would'nt accept the expansion pack . In any case I was helped out with my situation fast by LDA support . :D

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on November 28, 2005 at 7:25 pm

LDA games should post here... Hence the name...

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on November 28, 2005 at 8:11 pm

Hmmm... true... it's wierd that none of the lda personnel have posted here... o well...

Level 13 Extraplanar Programmer
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on November 29, 2005 at 11:58 am

Yeah, we released RBT through Reflexive a while back (we occasionally do these sorts of partnerships -- we recently released a U3 version of DX-Ball 2).

For the most part, the reason the version number is higher is because we had to make a few changes to customize it for Reflexive.

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on November 29, 2005 at 5:48 pm

I see. Will there be any changes to the normal LDA version to fix those bugs? Thanks for the response. It clears things up. ^_^

Level 13 Extraplanar Programmer
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on November 30, 2005 at 2:08 pm

Maybe if and when we get to releasing a new update, but like I said, there's really not much that was done to it other than customizing it for Reflexive.