Skip navigation

Can we improve LDA's map rotation?

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Tread Marks > Can we improve LDA's map rotation?
Pages 1 2 3 4
Level 14 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on October 28, 2005 at 11:22 pm

SOrry about my list--thought that was what you were looking for--ok-guess not. Anyhow, here is a list from the main site you (RAS) out up for us in the first place.

Gravitor
Headland
Mosquito
Not the Goat
Pinnacle
Windchill
Caldera
The STeppes
Desert Divas
Bull
Glacier
Woodland
Ice World
Turtles
Black Mesa
Green MOnster.

Not that I am on LDA much, but when I am, I usually see the same old same old..dingy and brown for the most part.
Let those that have the power, do as they will!!

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on October 29, 2005 at 12:02 am

Those with power? Hmm. Is that rick? :)

A proposed cumulative list, which is NOT to suggest that I have any power - just a wish:

Banks
Gravitor
Headland
Hell Crossing
Mosquito
Not the Goat
Pinnacle
Scarab
Barren Lake
Simian Isle
The Ramp
Windchill
Caldera
The Steppes
Desert Divas
Bull
Cone
Woodland
Kahuna
Black Mesa
Green Monster

That includes everything everyone has proposed so far except:

CTF Red Oval
Armageddon – Do we really have to debate this one? :P
Ice World, Glacier - Ice is... ice. If we must have one as a compromise could it be Glacier?
Turtles - Has probably the fewest spawn points of any map.

Again, no power here! Just hoping for a list most will agree to.

Level 15 Human gamer
Posted on October 29, 2005 at 1:20 am

you wimps....LOL

you only need to take out Luge, ctf, and the sparklely maps...the rest can stay.

Though I imagine not having every map there would be cool for a while. Then 3 months from now we can put them back like we did last time...LOL

More importantly...dont have it set on random selection of the maps.

And it would be best to just post the actuall file for him to copy and paste with the setting that you want.

Somethin like that....LOL

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on October 29, 2005 at 2:22 am

must... be... strong... resist... Satanic... influence :lol:

Level 13 Human Unaffiliated Game Maker
Alignment: Chaotic
Posted on October 29, 2005 at 11:19 am

Caldera .....mmmm

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on October 29, 2005 at 12:57 pm

Not much for the "red" maps either--just echhh!!

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on October 29, 2005 at 2:12 pm

Preliminary list:

Banks
Gravitor
Headland
Hell Crossing
Mosquito
Not the Goat
Pinnacle
Scarab
Barren Lake
Simian Isle
The Ramp
Windchill
Caldera
The Steppes
Desert Divas
Bull
Cone
Woodland
Kahuna
Black Mesa
Green Monster
Glacier

Everyone ok with it?

Level 16 Human gamer
Posted on October 29, 2005 at 3:10 pm

Armageddon :(

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on October 29, 2005 at 7:00 pm

RC and Coax both want Armageddon. My seething rage... err, my energies were focused on getting rid of uber-hilly maps. So I'll be happy even if we have to deal with Armageddon. I'm willing to bend if others are. If not... well - just remember that Coax runs the dominant ladder. ;)

I'm sure more of the maps would be acceptable to most. I didn't list all of those I consider passable. Do I list them or let lame dogs lie?

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on October 29, 2005 at 7:29 pm

I like the proposed list! Do what you want with Armageddon. I can live with one map where the world wins.

Level 14 Human Shadow
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on October 29, 2005 at 7:35 pm

I love playing Armegeddon, but I agree it is bad for multiplayer DMs when you aren't mining.

Speaking of which, we need to get a mining server together for LDA to host - Dudymas, want to help? :D

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on October 31, 2005 at 10:52 am

Ok, here's the proposed list so far... (After getting a cramp from playing last night at LDA server and driving over those hills, this has become a priority for my left hand :lol: )
Is someone able to make the file for Mr. LDA to copy it and reset the rotation? :shock: (pretty please) and could it not be ramdom?... that way if Banks map starts, we'll have plenty of time to get ready for glacier and Armaggeddom!!! :twisted:

Banks
Gravitor
Headland
Hell Crossing
Mosquito
Not the Goat
Pinnacle
Scarab
Barren Lake
Simian Isle
The Ramp
Windchill
Caldera
The Steppes
Desert Divas
Bull
Cone
Woodland
Kahuna
Black Mesa
Green Monster
Glacier
Armaggedom :!:

Level 14 Extraplanar Programmer
Posted on October 31, 2005 at 12:18 pm

I'll put up the new server tomorrow morning, so you guys have one more day to decide what's what.

And yes, I can turn off random maps.

Level 14 Human Shadow
Posted on October 31, 2005 at 5:54 pm

I would recommend putting less liked maps randomly throughout better liked maps. That way we could guarentee that we don't get stuck with several maps that people don't like in a row.

In otherwords: I like glacier and armegeddon, but a lot don't. Put one half way through the list and the other at the end.

Also, we have 23 maps. That means, at 20 minute map intervals, we have a map cycle every 7h 40m, or each day we have an hour difference in map cycles. THIS IS GOOD. It means we won't have the same maps day after day! YIPPIE!

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on October 31, 2005 at 7:35 pm

Will this be a different server from the one labeled LDA? It sort of sounds like that but I'm hoping not. LDA is the current default location for most players. Adding another server would mean still dealing with the maps that have been voted down.

Level 14 Extraplanar Programmer
Posted on October 31, 2005 at 8:03 pm

It will be a different server. I'll probably call it "LDA Greenery", or "LDA Crowd Favourites" (although I'm secretly harbouring the desire to name it "LDA: Eat Your Greens").

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on October 31, 2005 at 9:12 pm

Will this be a different server from the one labeled LDA? It sort of sounds like that but I'm hoping not. LDA is the current default location for most players. Adding another server would mean still dealing with the maps that have been voted down.

Rick:
It's hard enough to bring players to 1 server... in that case; I would leave LDA as is.... :(

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on October 31, 2005 at 9:23 pm

"LDA: Eat Your Greens"

Fragging and regularity all in one? Not a bad idea seeing how some people say I'm full of it anyway. ;)

LDA's current rotation is the result of some prior thread on the old forum. And the rotation prior to that was the same thing as well... I think. I was hoping this would be that type of thread.

But if not then Pablito probably has it right. Hmm. Did I just say that? :shock:

Or... Create the new server and return LDA to factory original. Then we don't have to worry about too many people using it. All the neon and ice will scare them away. :!:

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on October 31, 2005 at 11:14 pm

The List:

Hell Crossing
Lions Pass
Not the Goat
Scarab
The Ramp
Desert Divas
Caldera
Into the Ring
Black Mesa

Please give statistical preference to:

CALDERA
THE RAMP

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on November 1, 2005 at 2:11 am

The list on Pab's post a few up from this is fine with me. Although I agree if this is to be on a different server, it will probably dilute the number of players per server.
Its the maps with the psychedelic skies and land textures that really bug me.
-LWA-mELONcRACKER

Pages 1 2 3 4