Skip navigation

DX Ball and Rival Ball Board Pack

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Longbow Support > DX Ball and Rival Ball Board Pack
Level 13 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on October 18, 2005 at 12:07 pm

I bought what I thought was board pack 1 for DX Ball and I ended up with the game and the board pack is there a way to just get the board pack from there and into my Rival Ball game I have tried all that I know I have all the full versions of both games and all the board packs that goes with them but board pack 1 and it shows on the download site that its board pack 1 but both times I payed for it I got the game and the pack and all I wanted was the board pack can someone please help me Thank you for your time of this.. :D

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on October 19, 2005 at 3:28 pm

Rival Ball will automatically search for installed board packs every time you launch the game, through pre-defined paths. These paths are written in a file named 'dirs.cfg', which is located in the main directory of Rival Ball. However, if the board pack you're missing wasn't installed in one of the following paths, Rival Ball won't recognize it:

C:\Program Files\Rival Ball\boards\
C:\Program Files\DXBall2\boards\
C:\Program Files\DX-Ball 2\boards\
C:\Program Files\LDA Games\DX-Ball 2\boards\
C:\Program Files\LDA Games\Rival Ball\boards\

I suggest you re-install the board pack, but this time, in the same directory where Rival Ball was installed.

Hope that helps.

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on October 21, 2005 at 11:25 am

Thank you for your help on this. I reinstalled DX Ball game it self and it work and with Jim's help also I have the problem taken care of.
I can not Thank all of you enough for all your help on this problem.
Its my favorite game and I now have all the board set installed and working, Again Thank you all for your help on this
:D