Skip navigation

Changes in LWA

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Tread Marks > Changes in LWA
Pages 1 2
Level 14 Human gamer
Alignment: Chaotic
Posted on October 14, 2005 at 11:13 pm

The following members of LWA have been removed for failure to maintain an active email address:

Kong
Scrap Metal

The following members could face removal for lack of participation in clan events:

Max
A2597
Neo
Wolfman

I ask that the above confirm their status and intentions toward further clan participation.

So, currently the active LWA member list stands as:

myself
Harmless
FBunny
Robo Jaws

this is not a recruitment message, yet. Please do not interpret it as one.

Level 14 Human pita
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on October 15, 2005 at 1:13 am

what happened to:

"The Clan With No Requirements"

:roll:

Screw it, just go ahead and scratch my name...

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on October 15, 2005 at 9:03 am

read the LWA forum user agreement

Please do not provide a "junk mail" address. Your email will only be used to inform you of events on this board. Clan members will also be contacted at the provided address for clan issues.

How can I tell you about clan events if I can't contact you?

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on October 15, 2005 at 11:47 am

That's some funny stuff. I thought the point of LWA was to be a "non" clan. i.e. no rules, no guidelines, just a name to allow a team to form at clan events for people who don't want to be in a clan.

I guess not.

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on October 15, 2005 at 1:01 pm

:evil:

so you would rather I let 20 people join and then constantly tell 3/4 of them that they can't play because we have too many?

last clan war, LWA fielded 2 members. Out of 10 members, 2 showed up. I'm having to deny membership to people who want to join because I don't know how many members are active.

LWA isn't your clan, so mind your own business.

Actually, you said it yourself, LWA is for people who don't want to join a clan, but want to attend clan events. So what's the point of being an LWA member if you're not going to attend?

Level 14 Human pita
Posted on October 15, 2005 at 2:05 pm

whatever, And it isnt a junk email

If you wanted to start a clan then thats what you should have done. As John said LWA was for people who wanted to be in clan events but didn't want to join a clan. I believe that was the whole Idea behind "The Lone Wolf Alliance"

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on October 15, 2005 at 2:26 pm

Yeah, that's right, it wasn't a junk email address, it just bounces now (host unknown).

Correction, it's been bouncing for 9 months now and not once have you complained about not getting the IP address. And you said to delist you anyway, so that's the end of the discussion about that point.

As for the other issue that you brought up, please see the final line in my reply to JohnB.

Level 14 Human pita
Posted on October 15, 2005 at 3:11 pm

Yeah, that's right, it wasn't a junk email address, it just bounces now (host unknown).

Instead of continually bouncing mail you could have sent me a pm here or on icq/aim and let me know there was a problem. I see you on icq all the time and even if I wasn't on you could have still sent an offline message. Which leads me to believe that all you really wanted to do was get rid of some people. I do stop by the LWA forum once in a while mostly as a guest but I never see anything posted there except for chit chat between you and harmless.

I really dont remember which email I used on the LWA forum but there may have been a reason why it bounced. It probably would be more constructive to try and contact the next person you want to drop from your roster instead of coming here and trying to berate/humiliate them.

And Gee Wiz I have an email address on this forum as well. you could have contacted me that way. Or perhaps at my website? The link is here and on LDA's links page...

As far as getting the IP address, if I wanted it I would have asked for it. I posted on this forum many moons ago that I mostly do not attend the DDM's because being on the west coast it occurs at the same time I am cooking/eating dinner with my family. Hmm, lemme think for a second which event takes precedence? :roll:

Anyway, thanks for the courtesy and concern in trying to contact me.

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on October 15, 2005 at 3:20 pm

I should just try and let this issue die, but i'm gonna expand on it further.

Say a clan had 20 members listed. Ok so far? Now, there is a player limit imposed on the clan event and only 5 of those members can play. Still with me? Ok, so a fair way of making sure that everyone can play would be to impliment a player rotation. Every event, a specific set of 5 players is allowed to play, and the rest have to sit out. Sound good?

Now, lets say that 75% of those members just stopped playing without giving notice. That's 15 of 20 players who just disappear, and for the sake of the scenario, lets say that they are members of teams 2, 3, and 4. Still following?

So, now this clan has 1 event where 5 members show up, and for the next 3 events, no one plays for that clan. There are 5 members willing and able to play, but they can't, because it's unknown if the other 3 teams will show up when scheduled. They are still listed as members after all.

Is that fair to those 5? If you think it is, then please justify how.

I'd really like to hear a good arguement for not removing inactive members as all i've seen so far are personal attacks and references to how it was 3-4 years ago.

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on October 15, 2005 at 3:35 pm

and because kong posted while writing that.

ah yes, the PM system that wasn't available until this forum came online.

and the email address that you keep hidden in your profile. It shouldn't be my job to make sure the email you provided is correct.

oh, and i've rarely ever seen you as active on ICQ. Helps if you don't keep your status as invisible.

It was not my intent to attack or insult you, only to inform everyone that you are no longer listed as an LWA member.

How would you suggest that I contact someone that I either can't email or doesn't reply to emails, and has the appearance of not using the instant messenger program account that they have?

And again I ask, if you're going to choose not to attend clan DDMs, which always happen at the same time once a month, why is it such a big deal if you're no longer listed as an LWA member?

Level 14 Human pita
Posted on October 15, 2005 at 4:28 pm

I don't have a problem with you dropping me from your clan. It is just the way you went about it.

1. You could have sent me a IM here first.

2. You could have notified me on my site.

3. You could have sent me an offline message on ICQ

ah yes, the PM system that wasn't available until this forum came online.

It was when this thread was started.

and the email address that you keep hidden in your profile. It shouldn't be my job to make sure the email you provided is correct.

As clan leader it should be your job to inform your members when there is a problem contacting them.

oh, and i've rarely ever seen you as active on ICQ. Helps if you don't keep your status as invisible.

Send an offline message, they get stored on the icq server and delivered the next time I am online.

It was not my intent to attack or insult you, only to inform everyone that you are no longer listed as an LWA member.

Would have been nice if you informed me first.

How would you suggest that I contact someone that I either can't email or doesn't reply to emails, and has the appearance of not using the instant messenger program account that they have?

See numbers 1-3 above

Level 14 Human pita
Posted on October 15, 2005 at 4:41 pm

now that I know there is a problem with the email address I was using, it will probably work now

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on October 15, 2005 at 6:48 pm

LWA isn't your clan, so mind your own business.

Nice attitude. I thought LWA was nobody's clan. It was the non clan. No group, no rules. People who don't want to be in a clan and show up to an event put LWA in front of their names. Isn't that the point?

I think you've lost the whole idea of what LWA is meant to be. How can you kick people out of a clan that is not really a clan?

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on October 15, 2005 at 7:04 pm

You aren't an LWA member, therefore how I do things doesn't concern you. And LWA isn't my clan, I just manage things as I was asked to do by Neo.

Ah yes, here we go again. Lets make references to how things were before I managed the clan. How can I not remove inactive members?

Here, read this John:

Say a clan had 20 members listed. Ok so far? Now, there is a player limit imposed on the clan event and only 5 of those members can play. Still with me? Ok, so a fair way of making sure that everyone can play would be to impliment a player rotation. Every event, a specific set of 5 players is allowed to play, and the rest have to sit out. Sound good?

Now, lets say that 75% of those members just stopped playing without giving notice. That's 15 of 20 players who just disappear, and for the sake of the scenario, lets say that they are members of teams 2, 3, and 4. Still following?

So, now this clan has 1 event where 5 members show up, and for the next 3 events, no one plays for that clan. There are 5 members willing and able to play, but they can't, because it's unknown if the other 3 teams will show up when scheduled. They are still listed as members after all.

Is that fair to those 5? If you think it is, then please justify how.

I'd really like to hear a good arguement for not removing inactive members as all i've seen so far are personal attacks and references to how it was 3-4 years ago.

So, can you justify it? Or are you just gonna keep digging up the past and throwing insults at me?

Oh, and with the Clan war being private now, it's a little hard to just throw and LWA in front of your name and just show up.

Level 16 Human gamer
Posted on October 15, 2005 at 8:37 pm

JohnB, why do you care? When I ran LWA inactives were routinely dropped, and we were selective with TM players, not allowing just anyone to place LWA in front of their name and play.

And registering only to bitch, isn't lost on people who read this bb all the time.

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on October 16, 2005 at 1:56 am

I thought LWA was nobody's clan. It was the non clan. No group, no rules. I think you've lost the whole idea of what LWA is meant to be. How can you kick people out of a clan that is not really a clan?You may not recall what clan membership use to entail. It was considered a privilege. The requirements to join one often included having decent skills, attending TM wide events, attending clan only events, clan forum attendance, etc. The idea of LWA was to make it easy to join a clan in a time when joining one wasn't so easy. Prior to joining BWL I was in LWA precisely because I didn't want to have to invest so much effort into a clan.

Now that most clans have degraded to the point that they're like LWA doesn't mean LWA should degrade even further where just anyone can slap the letters in front of their name for any reason at any time. kv is right to maintain a list of actives. If he didn't do so according to Kong's sense of etiquette... well - OK. I never knew he was such a big fan of Ms. Manners. ;)

Level 15 Human gamer
Posted on October 16, 2005 at 11:24 pm

Well, GA Clan is willing to take members. Give it some thoughts. We had a forum and moved to DMF forum, which has promptly dissappeared...oh well. Thus, to join GA Clan, just email me and let me know. I will need to see what type of player you are online, which would basically entail no spawn fragging.

Drop me a line.

Level 14 Human bookkeeper
Posted on October 17, 2005 at 6:46 pm

dave, the GA forum is still there, when DMF closed, i reopened the GA forum.
the gold ant forum

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on October 17, 2005 at 7:08 pm

Say HEY!!!!
Thought it was gone and buried, so I never went back. But now that I know different, wel, I guess I'll hvae to stop back in there once in a while...thanks for the update Harm!!

Level 15 Human gamer
Posted on October 19, 2005 at 2:05 am

thx harm..but why did you go and go that...now I have to check that forum...LOL

Thx though.

Pages 1 2