Skip navigation

RBT 1.0.2 and DirectX 9.0c Oct 2005 Update

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Arcade Games > RBT 1.0.2 and DirectX 9.0c Oct 2005 Update
Pages 1 2
Level 13 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on October 4, 2005 at 11:23 pm

Rival Ball Tournament v1.0.2 can crash when playing with lots and lots balls after installing DirectX 9.0c Oct 2005 Update - http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=9930efa6-9f7b-4c8a-aea2-97dd6ab307a2&DisplayLang=en

Beta Testers for RBT v1.0.5 need to check this!!!

My Specs:
Windows 2000 SP4 rollup update 1
IE 6.0 SP1 - Firefox 1.0.7 - Opera 8.50
ATI Cat Drivers 5.6
Cable connection

Level 13 Human gamer
Alignment: Chaotic evil
Posted on October 4, 2005 at 11:36 pm

Wait, there's a RBT Beta v1.0.5 already? Why didn't I know about this? :lol:

Level 13 Extraplanar Programmer
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on October 5, 2005 at 11:53 am

Thanks; we've just downloading the October update ourselves at the moment, so we'll take a look at it.

Hopefully there will be a beta release of v1.0.5 sometime over the next few weeks.

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on October 5, 2005 at 6:26 pm

Well count me in if there's any beta testing for RBT! :mrgreen: :D

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on March 19, 2006 at 5:28 pm

What's the latest on this? What are the fixes...

Level 13 Human wizard
Alignment: Good
Posted on March 19, 2006 at 6:23 pm

Rival Ball Tournament is currently Version 1.0.2 .

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on March 19, 2006 at 10:39 pm

and the latest version of DirectX SDK is Feb 2006 but I don't have the link handy atm.

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on March 30, 2006 at 4:38 pm

Thanks; we've just downloading the October update ourselves at the moment, so we'll take a look at it.

Hopefully there will be a beta release of v1.0.5 sometime over the next few weeks.

Any news on v1.0.5?

Posted on March 30, 2006 at 5:34 pm

Not yet. We've got some bugs squashed internally, but we're not sure when we'll get around to finishing a release. We're crunching pretty hard on Hegemony right now, and given the choice between sleep and RBT, RBT can wait.

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on March 30, 2006 at 6:53 pm

Not yet. We've got some bugs squashed internally, but we're not sure when we'll get around to finishing a release. We're crunching pretty hard on Hegemony right now, and given the choice between sleep and RBT, RBT can wait.

Could read alot into what you just said! We've been waiting for a long time now. I work in IT and you may want to rethink that answer...
Clients come FIRST, support your released products! This Hemorage hasn't been released...

Level 13 Human wizard
Alignment: Good
Posted on March 30, 2006 at 6:55 pm

When users, like cman, really want the new version, you should try and get it done before an outrage develops.

Posted on March 31, 2006 at 8:51 pm

You're right, I could have been more diplomatic about it. I apologize.

But the fact remains that we don't have time to work on the update at the moment. Like most other small game companies, there's an eternal struggle to break even, so we have to put priority on projects that will make a profit. But we are still supporting all our old games, still running free servers, and still doing all the administrative work that goes with it. We are working on a patch for RBT when we have the time, but that's not going to make us any money; we're doing it solely for you guys.

So just give us some more time. We do have a patch on the way, I just can't promise when.

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on March 31, 2006 at 10:29 pm

Rick,
Can you add a option to RBT to completely disable all audio so that when I launch foobar2000 with Kernel Streaming there's no error!

At the moment I have to exit RBT, start foobar2000 and then start RBT.

Thanks!

Posted on April 3, 2006 at 3:50 pm

Unfortunately, that would be a significant change to the code.

Foobar2000's Kernel Streamer is still very experimental and buggy. Also, since it can tend to use a lot of CPU it might aversely affect the gameplay as well. Even the Foobar2000 team says Unless you know that Kernel Streaming would be the best option for your configuration and can provide evidence for that knowledge, please do not use it. You'll probably have a much more pleasant experience with Foobar2000 if you switch to waveOut or DirectSound.

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on April 4, 2006 at 5:54 pm

Thanks Rick! I'm not trying to start an outrage :)
Any inside on what this patch will include?
Thanks!

Posted on April 5, 2006 at 12:29 pm

Off the top of my head, I think there's only a few small bug fixes on the client side, like the current bug where changing servers only works when you hit 'Enter' and not when you press the OK button. The more important bug we have to find is why the servers have been acting up lately.

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on April 8, 2006 at 4:08 pm

I hope you're aware of the bug where changing the powerup options won't have any effect when changed online. That bug didn't exist in the previous version... can you explain that?

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on April 8, 2006 at 4:44 pm

I hope you're aware of the bug where changing the powerup options won't have any effect when changed online. That bug didn't exist in the previous version... can you explain that?

1) Got he same problem here to but not all the players just a few like myself.

2) other problem to address deleting server. when i create a server and decide to delete later the server remains it dosnt delete. also when i run server the public chatroom dosnt work. chat only one on one works.

3) last but not least i can't deleting pics ive uploaded for online use. The only way i can is if i uninstall RBT and reinstall it back. Jujaga had an option for that bug!

Just some of things that ive noticed... :shock:

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on April 9, 2006 at 12:55 am

4) One of the not so well known bugs are when you are spectating someone not at full screen, then enable chat for that spectation session. When you click on arbitrary areas (specifically places that have the emoticons) even though the buttons are not there, it registers reguardless. It thus causes problems with the send button.

I do know of some more, but I haven't played RBT for ages.

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on April 9, 2006 at 11:19 am

Yes, I've personally experienced everything mentioned so far. Yet there are some graphical errors:

* Red and blue banners won't swap positions when you play as red player
* Red player is missing sprites for light bulbs
* Red player's extra lives are displayed upside down

did you notice that all the three above started with the word red ?

1) Got he same problem here to but not all the players just a few like myself.

These players are most likely using an older version of the game... I think the bug where you're unable to delete avatars online slipped in during last update as well.

Pages 1 2