Does it happen with any screen saver, or just ours?
It sounds like a Windows problem, but you can try setting it through the Windows registry instead, just in case something is wrong with the screen saver select screen.
To do that:
* Press the "Start" button and click "Run".
* Type "regedit" (no quotes) and press Enter.
* A window should pop up with two panes. On the left pane should be a tree of folders. Navigate the folders in this order:
My Computer->HKEY_CURRENT_USER->Control Panel->Desktop.
* Now in the right pane there should be a list of keys and values. Find the key called "SCRNSAVE.EXE" and double click it.
* A window will pop up allowing you to change the value. Change it to "C:\PROGRA~1\LDAGAM~1\PARTIC~1\PARTIC~1.SCR" (no quotes).
Now, if it lets you change that value, then it should stick, no matter what Windows does.
By the way, the path I gave you ("C:\PROGRA~1\LDAGAM~1\PARTIC~1\PARTIC~1.SCR") is only valid assuming the following:
* You're talking about Particle Fire 1 and not Particle Fire 2.
* You didn't install Particle Fire 2, or if you did, you installed it after Particle Fire 1.
* You installed Particle Fire 1 in the default location when you ran the installer.
If any of my assumptions are incorrect, or if you have any more troubles, let me know.