Skip navigation

Please Rob help me(us)

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Longbow Support > Please Rob help me(us)
Pages 1 2
Level 14 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on September 29, 2005 at 8:09 pm

The game continues to quit and now it seems to be on every other game
sending me an error report? i send the error report and get no reply, i have done this a number of times to no avail. please help me also Cathy34 and Tony 12 are having the exact same problem? please help me so i can help myself as well as others

Level 14 Human gamer
Alignment: Chaotic evil
Posted on September 29, 2005 at 8:36 pm

Um... I will make 2 assumptions, that the game is Rival Ball, and that what you keep on getting is the Fatal Error message, and you keep sending it to microsoft. Well firstly, sending the error report to microsoft won't help as they aren't the makers of the game... (LDA is). Secondly, I think a simple reinstall should fix it. However if you have tried it already, then you'd better ask Rick for further assistance. Hope that covers it. :wink:

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on September 29, 2005 at 8:49 pm

thank you jujaga you are always quick to answer any question i may have , how do i send private messages?

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on September 29, 2005 at 8:51 pm

Rick if you are out there and see this please help

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on September 29, 2005 at 10:00 pm

i am buffudled and dismayed i love RB and am pretty good at it 304w178L but i have so many things going on in my life (fiance,bills,paying 4 2 car notes and insurance on both not 2 mention my mortgage payment) that this GAME is waning in the respect catagory as far as i am concerned! Rob, Rick, Jujaga, NItro9 thank you 4 your caring and wanting tohelp but i have NEVER quit a game and am tired of being called a quiter even when most of the games that quit on me i am Winning! I humbly say im sorry to drag on and include my own day to day struggles. for it bears no relevance to the game at hand im just stressed and needed to vent to somebody else than my wife, if you have made it this far thanks for listening ...

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on September 29, 2005 at 10:37 pm

Oh, no problem. We're always here to help. :mrgreen: . As for the Private Messages, you can find it at the top where it usually says "you have no new messages". I do believe you about the not quitting, as that has happened to me too, but that's either a program error or a network hiccup. Don't worry about it too much. Anything else? :D

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on September 29, 2005 at 10:51 pm

Thank you Jujaga i am thankful for your hasty response you are a quality person and i thank you

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on September 29, 2005 at 11:29 pm

You are welcome :mrgreen:

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on September 30, 2005 at 2:06 am

i belive i have fixed the problem concidering i was able to play 12 games in a row with out an error report,i do have a question though If you can find reason in this numerical rhyme hit me up! as follows Temp/ 4635_appcompat.txt? any solutions or answers are more than welcome? i am vengence not vengful thanks,
Jeremy

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on September 30, 2005 at 8:50 am

Ok, that is now out of my 15 yr old expertise... Rick, any ideas? :mrgreen:

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on September 30, 2005 at 11:13 am

It seems to be something to do with a temp directory(Im taking a wild guess here)

make sure you have hard drive space for swap files.

Level 14 Extraplanar Programmer
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on September 30, 2005 at 1:58 pm

Hey Jeremy,

Sorry we didn't get around to you last night; you posted after we had gone home.

The first thing to try is a complete uninstall, so follow these steps:
* Uninstall the game the way you normally would.
* Open "My Computer" and navigate to C->Program Files->LDA Games.
* Delete the Rival Ball folder, if it's still there (the uninstaller may have gotten rid of it for you).
* Press the Start button on Windows and choose Run, then type "regedit" and press enter.
* A new window should pop up with a bunch of folder on the left pane. Navigate the folders to My Computer->HKEY_CURRENT_USER->Software->Longbow Digital Arts.
* If there's a subfolder named "Rival Ball", delete it.
Now there should be absolutely no trace of the game on your computer, so you can try reinstalling it again.

If that doesn't work, it might be something wrong with your computer. Here's a few things you can do to make sure your computer is nice and healthy:
* Press the Start button and choose Run, then type "sfc /scannow". This will run a "System File Check" on your computer to make sure none of the files on your computer got corrupted.
* Run a virus scan on your computer. AVG is a good (and free) virus scanner you can get at http://free.grisoft.com/.
* Run an adware scan on your computer. Ad-Aware is a good (and free) adware scanner you can get at http://www.lavasoftusa.com/software/adaware/.
If none of that helps there's some more information you can give us to help diagnose the problem you're experiencing:
* Is this happening in Rival Ball or Rival Ball Tournament?
* Does this happen in single player or online mode?
* When, precisely, does the crash occur? At any time during play, or just at certain key moments?
* What version of Windows do you have? (Windows XP Home? Windows 98?)

If you have any more problems don't hesitate to ask.

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on October 7, 2005 at 1:49 am

Thank you for bearing with me i tried a complete uninstallation as prescribed yet the ghost in the computer (or whatever is doing this)is steadfast on his mission to make my rival ball experience a drag. moving to the next set of instructions i (unfortunately) was unable to run the sfc/scannow ( :twisted: ghost in the computer comments"ha,ha,ha") but then (these are the days of our lives) i got onto McAfee Virus scan to scan for viruses and guess what , I WAS IN THE MIDDLE OF SCANNING FILES AND IT SENT ME AN ERROR REPORT!!just like on Rival Ball!oh the humanity! so it is definately in the computer.This happens on both RB & RBT, only when i am in online mode,the crash occurs usually at the very beggining of a game of RB &RBT, last but not least i have Windows XP proffessional. if this additional information can help in your diagnosis of whats going on please hit me up with your post.

I know that it is not RB so in all honesty you do not have to answer anything i ask of you,but you guys at LDA (Rob, Rick) oh yeah and jujaga and nn9 have been extremely helpful and hasty in your responses to any problems i have. It speaks Volumes for you and your Company!
Thank You!

Always appreciative

Jeremy(vengence) I took the 'a' out of vengeance because vengeance is not a power i weild. 8)

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on October 7, 2005 at 9:22 am

Uh... try disabling the antivirus when you are playing? That may work...

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on October 7, 2005 at 12:39 pm

Try closing all open programs and do that virus checker there must be something causing that.

If the virus checker comes up with the error message start the computer in safe mode and run the checker again.

Level 14 Extraplanar Programmer
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on October 7, 2005 at 1:01 pm

That definitely sounds like something beyond our control.

Nitro's suggestion is a good one. If you want to try running your virus scan from safe mode all you need to do is restart your computer and hit the F8 key until it gives you a black screen with "Safe Mode" as one of the options.

After you've tried to get all the virus scan stuff to work, if it still doesn't fix everything for you then you can try doing a repair installation.

To do that, you need to put your Windows XP disc your CDROM drive and restart your computer, then follow these instructions (which you might want to print out before restarting).

The very very last resort is to reinstall Windows.

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on October 7, 2005 at 1:16 pm

Or try windows update that may do something.

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on October 9, 2005 at 8:18 pm

get this it is the McAffee Virus Scan, unbelievable! oh slight are my woes! anyways, thank you gentlemen(rob,rick jujaga, nn9) if i could vote you guys in for president i would. Cursing shows ones intelligence, dont you agree? TheMask23's mom would be proud. He is cursing at me like a seasoned sailor! bless his poor sported soul. like I SHOULD be the one who is aggravated! if anything this has taught me it is patience and understanding for others( even if they r intentionally quiting) thanks 4 your help, you guys have also taught me alot about my computer as well.

Se la vie

Jeremy

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on November 3, 2005 at 11:25 pm

New update; I got rid of McAffe virus scan and was able to play 40 to 50 games before the game disconnected,but as it goes the problem thought to have been solved never transpired. Anyways while playing Rival Ball last night i chatted with a rather kind individual(SunnySideUp 1) who asked if i had Dial Up or DSL/Cable, and i have DialUp! the problem obviously lies with my connection to the internet! Also I have decided to carry through and buy the Version 1 of RivalBall instead of using the freeware version. This should take care of the problem . thanx again
thanx SSU1!

jeremy

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on November 6, 2005 at 8:55 am

Purchasing and installing Series 1 won't do nothing with the game itself, but add additoinal board-sets.

If you believe the previous game crashes were caused by your connection (which is most likely as it only ocurred online), I suggest you close everything of instant messengers, web browsers etc. before you play, to reduce bandwith usage.

Pages 1 2