Skip navigation

Which is better Tanks or Mechs?

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Tread Marks > Which is better Tanks or Mechs?
Pages 1 2
Level 14 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on September 25, 2005 at 5:28 pm

*sneaks in*
Wooh, tanks rule!
*sneaks back out*

Level 13 Human Unaffiliated Game Maker
Alignment: Chaotic
Posted on September 26, 2005 at 1:27 pm

So I was driving along with my camera facing backwards and this nuke goes off close behind me and kills two people instantly.
Meanwhile I'm legin' it away fast as I can like some sort of movie scene with the exlosphere folowing close behind me! I got off with very little damage and was able to grab a big gun and start hacking at my revenge! :D They could have killed me - stupid AI, should never have been let loose on the streets of the map it shouldn't - can't remeber the map - kind of lumpy with canyons and sand it was! :lol:

Level 15 Human Jack-of-all-trades
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on September 26, 2005 at 3:38 pm

Great shot but that Mech in the BG is on the down side of a jump, not a landing.

I do note that the jets are torso mounted, something I did tend to do with my mechs as it made them quasimobile when a leg got blown off (putting off the inevitable).... Ejecting.....

Again, read Bolo Brigade, the adversary there had what you described including a reference to capabilities and the trade offs in-flight vs. ambulatory.

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on September 26, 2005 at 5:46 pm

well vor... I tend to stick with mechs that are best used to lay back... also i would choose lighter mechs over an assault... but i have noticed that in mech assault i am extreamly deadly in the assault and heavy class... heavy class because I like mixing it up in battle, and I have noticed the stuff about ht e legs.. my type of assault class mechs I use at long range only... I try to avoide close encounters... and a for the Warhammer missle part... I use the bowman which is most effective though slow at extreame ranges. As I said before I tend to lay back more than mixing it up in close combat. And If i choose to mix it up in combat (mind that this is mechassault im talking about a much faster paced game) id use a belial a meduim mech with twin guass rifles, a Mad Cat,a Mad Dog( a variant of the Vulture), or a Nova Cat. and then I use the lights for hit and run tactics. now the Assault class mechs I use very reclessly... but I am as I keep saying Extreamly deadly with the Atlas, Prometheus, Blood Asp, and my favorite the Star Adder. and in my "alternate universe" im recreating everything currently... thats why ive been releasing reports, soon enough there will be a role playing site.

Posted on September 27, 2005 at 3:57 pm

Great shot but that Mech in the BG is on the down side of a jump, not a landing.

I do note that the jets are torso mounted, something I did tend to do with my mechs as it made them quasimobile when a leg got blown off (putting off the inevitable).... Ejecting.....

Again, read Bolo Brigade, the adversary there had what you described including a reference to capabilities and the trade offs in-flight vs. ambulatory.

Firstly it's not a screen-shot if I'm thinking of the right picture - secondly I found it on the internet by typing in battle tech

Which reminds me - what I said earlier about a mechwarrior game on the snes being the exact double of a sega game before it - here you are-

Spot the difference - and the games the same too!!! :lol:
( and I have noticed the foreighn writing on one of them - it is not the game it's just wherever the shot has come from.)

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on September 28, 2005 at 7:26 am

I did play battle tech once.

Posted on September 28, 2005 at 11:05 am

Nice game don't you think? :D

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on September 28, 2005 at 1:19 pm

it was good the 2 player mode was cool on the Mega drive.

as one player controled the wepions the other moved the mech.

Posted on September 28, 2005 at 1:22 pm

This is a flash movie I found amusing and it contains a mech!
[url]http://www.freeonlinegames.com/play/1548.html</a>
Uhm...I duno if I know how to create a link...

Yep it worked! :D

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on September 29, 2005 at 6:52 am

nice dude.

Posted on October 5, 2005 at 2:51 pm

First of all - BUMP
Second - I don't think there's any mechs here but check out Drakojan skies missions 1 & 2 here at [url]http://www.gamesofgondor.com/</a>
[ screenshot coming soon ]
[ OK heres one ]

[Also check out the picture on the menu for the game - if you want I can post the full thing here - it's big but well worth every pixel! :D

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on October 5, 2005 at 4:09 pm

I wondered where I parked that ship.

Posted on October 6, 2005 at 3:02 pm

aaah well - at least you should get an insurance claim...#
oh - and look at that veiw! This is the full menu picture from that game I posted a link to.

sorry about the size but I love that picture!

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on October 6, 2005 at 3:42 pm

Nice pic I always loved this 1.

Pages 1 2