Skip navigation

Logitech Wingman Cordless Rumble Controller

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Tread Marks > Logitech Wingman Cordless Rumble Controller
Level 14 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on September 20, 2005 at 8:50 pm

HAs anyone set-up a profile for this controller for treadmarks?

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on September 20, 2005 at 10:16 pm

I have a wingman, not a cordless one though. I just set the controls in tm. It seems to work better that way.

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on September 20, 2005 at 10:36 pm

I don't think there are controller profiles that you can save as a file. From what I could tell, the settings are saved in the registry... ;)

Best thing to do is trial and error fer what best meets yer needs. :D

I personally use my PlayStation controller fer TM. It seems to work pretty well fer me... :D

Level 14 Extraplanar Programmer
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on September 21, 2005 at 12:39 pm

I assume radtz is talking about a profile made with the Logitech WingMan Profile software that comes with the WingMan Rumble.

With Tread Marks (and with all games that have good joystick support, actually) it's preferable to set the joystick settings within the game itself. Just start up the game and choose Game Options->Controls->Joystick Settings to set up your gamepad controls.

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on September 21, 2005 at 1:49 pm

it's preferable to set the joystick settings within the game itself.

I beg to differ my restive scorpion friend :D

TM... in my opinion, has more capabilities when mouse and keyboard is used. Just think of all the key settings you can customize, or the driving with one hand while the other holds the phone, cup, cigarrette, magazine, control remote, etc... :lol:

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on September 21, 2005 at 4:05 pm

I just set it up like you said. I hate using keyboard for games though...

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on September 21, 2005 at 4:33 pm

Well... after years of unlimited fun playing TM; my current settings are:
Driving: WASD (W=UP, A=LET, S=DOWN, D=RIGHT) (default btw) having your arms open wide won't get you tired as easily; hence my skills to play countless hours :oops: )
Shooting: Mouse left button
Freelock: Mouse right button
Turret movement: mouse movement

Extra: mouse middle button: team chat. Turret to center of tank: #1 to back: #2, turret to cam: M... etc, etc, etc... I rarely use them all... but it is good to know that they're there :twisted:

TM allows you to config the same function on 3 keys.... to me, that's versatility :) ... that is, if you have enough keys to configure them :lol:

You can drive, shoot, move turret in 3 different ways! lol... and actually the < > keys on the keyboard moves the turret faster than any other device in existence.

Last thing: chatting is more enjoyable when your hands are next to the keyboard :P

Posted on September 21, 2005 at 5:59 pm

it's preferable to set the joystick settings within the game itself.

I beg to differ my restive scorpion friend :D

TM... in my opinion, has more capabilities when mouse and keyboard is used. Just think of all the key settings you can customize, or the driving with one hand while the other holds the phone, cup, cigarrette, magazine, control remote, etc... :lol:

No no, you misunderstand me; this isn't a joypad v.s. keyboard and mouse issue.

Logitech's controllers come with a piece of software that lets you drive the mouse and keyboard with your joypad, in case you want to play a game that doesn't have joystick support. But, since Tread Marks has good joystick support it's preferable to set up the joypad through Tread Marks instead of with Logitech's software.

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on September 21, 2005 at 9:07 pm

ah... sorry :oops: guess I either read too quick and went ahead to the next topic......
The only control I'd like to have is one for flight simulators....

Level 15 Human gamer
Posted on October 1, 2005 at 8:50 am

Ok if TM has good j-s and g-p support why is it I can not get my Gravis Exterminated to config. in a b axis. Move stick fwd tank goes in rev. move stick back tank moves fwd. I tried many times to get this to work properly...no dice.

I have a NYCO REA FLO EX, that does the same thing.

Max gave me a tip to get a Thrustmaster 3 analog, that configs fine, but preformance suffers. Tank does not react as fast as key-b, very sluggish.
I hate using K-b but Pab is right k-b has max preformance ! :roll:

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on October 2, 2005 at 2:05 am

idle curiosity is there an option to invert the y-axis?

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on October 2, 2005 at 2:45 am

idle curiosity is there an option to invert the y-axis?

Only fer the mouse... :(

Looking in the registry...I don't think there is a way to reverse it there either...unless LDA tells us it's possible... ;) 8)

Posted on October 5, 2005 at 1:34 pm

I keep forgetting to bring my gamepad into the office to test this, so I'm just going to do the risky thing and give you advice without testing it first.

I'm pretty sure some gamepad/joystick drivers have their own invert axis option that you can set by going to the Windows control panel, choosing "Game Controllers", then selecting your game controller and clicking on the Properties button. See if your gamepads have that option to fix the forward/back problems you're having.

Level 15 Human gamer
Posted on October 11, 2005 at 9:49 pm

:wink: Ok I conf. my son's NYICO AIR-FLOW EX. could not get {I don't know what you call it it looks like a cross fwd back l-r-} I still had the same prob I press fwd it goes back, back goes fwd. l-r work ok.

But I did ge left stick to work, Half Trac seems to be quicker, so I'll stick with it "fer" now....but tanks for the input 8)