Skip navigation

Hegemony 3 DRM and system requirements

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Hegemony > Hegemony 3 DRM and system requirements
Level 2 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on March 19, 2017 at 10:10 am

Hello.

I'd want to purchase your game but I have two questions:

1) Is this game DRM-free (of sort), i.e. may I download it via Steam, and run WITHOUT running Steam on a PC WITHOUT Internet connection? TBH, I don't buy games on Steam (I only own 2 games there, and they both are DRM-free, and run without Steam) namely because of my loathing of online 'clients'. I might buy it on Humble but Steam has much more sane regional pricing politics, it's kinda important for me as Russia citizen :).
2) I don't plan to use 64-bit features (as map editor), so would be my WinXP-32, 1Gb video, 4Gb RAM, dual-core CPU enough to run the game?

Thanks in advance.

Level 17 Extraplanar gamer
Posted on March 20, 2017 at 9:00 pm

Hegemony III does not use Steam's DRM so even if you buy it through Steam you can still play it offline and launch it directly from the folder if you wish. The Humble version has its own installer and doesn't require steam to be installed (it does still give you a steam key if you decided to use it on steam later).

As far as the system requirements, the specs you listed should be sufficient, but its hard to be definitive since we can't test it on every configuration. I believe Steam will offer a refund if you have any serious problems getting it to run.

Level 2 Human gamer
Posted on March 22, 2017 at 3:49 pm

Thanks a lot for your reply.

I have already bought Hegemony Gold on Gamersgate, it's DRM-free (and Steam-free!) and it's dedicated to Greek wars in which I have more interest than in Roman ones. I nonetheless ponder about purchasing Hegemony 2-3 there (although they sell Steam keys, I already have a score of games there and it would be logical to not disperse my library amongst digital stores, and buy there and activating on Steam). But Gamersgate still has not Eagle Kings in their catalogue, for some reason :(

Level 17 Extraplanar gamer
Posted on March 22, 2017 at 7:11 pm

I am hoping to get The Eagle King up on GamersGate in the near future, but we're a small team and it takes a notable amount of time to get the paperwork and assets sorted out to add a new product.

Level 2 Human gamer
Posted on April 7, 2017 at 5:44 pm

Eagle King has landed on GamersGate, hooray! Time to unlace my purse again :)

BTW, this new GUI visual style in Hegemony III, stylicised for Greek vase paintings, is amazing. You definitely should use it in the next Hegemony game that definitely should be in Greek setting again (Alexander the Great, diadochoi wars or something similar).

EDIT: And talking about DRM again, I saw that Hegemony Rome has no DRM-free tag in Humblestore (while Hegemony I and III do have it). Does it mean that Hegemony Rome requires Steam to run?