Skip navigation

All casual games updated!

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > News > All casual games updated!
Level 13 Extraplanar Programmer
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on January 18, 2017 at 12:19 am

As of today, all of the casual games we sell, from DX-Ball 2 through Vortiball, have received an updated. The changes are:

* Fullscreen mode has been updated to work better on modern hardware.
* Any games that used shareware-style registration no longer need a serial code. Now they just have separate demo and full versions.
* If you're connecting to a custom server, Rival Ball and Rival Ball Tournament now accept DNS names instead of just IP addresses.
* Rival Ball Tournament Expansion Pack no longer requires Rival Ball Tournament.
* Various bug fixes.

To update, just log into the Download Centre and grab the latest version. Enjoy!

Level 9 Human
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on February 16, 2017 at 6:03 am

Would it be possible to introduce an option to toggle between the new and the old full-screen mode? The new full-screen mode stretches out the picture to match my computer's 16:9 aspect ratio. It also looks very pixelated and introduces slight flickering, possibly due to the DPI scaling in Windows 8. Also, the bug with the sound in Stone Cutter seems to still persist.

Level 3 Human gamer and programmer
Alignment: Good
Location: Belgrade, Serbia. Probably in front of my computer.
Posted on September 18, 2017 at 10:39 pm

I just realized that there are no more download links for Mac versions of ANY of the games. What happened?
It would have to suck if somebody bought one of these games to play on macOS

Level 7 Extraplanar programmer
Posted on September 18, 2017 at 11:10 pm

They were written for older versions of Mac and don't really support the newer versions. If you do want one of the old links anyway you can email rob@longbowgames.com

Level 3 Human gamer and programmer
Location: Belgrade, Serbia. Probably in front of my computer.
Posted on September 19, 2017 at 11:32 pm

oh ok. I'm no Apple fan, but I thought having the downloads still available as some sort of "legacy" version with a warning that it might not work on newer computers would be a good thing