Skip navigation

Hegemony III - broken trade tab

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Longbow Support > Hegemony III - broken trade tab
Level 2 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on December 12, 2016 at 10:47 am

Love the game, by the way. However, all of the sudden I'm experiencing a bug that makes it basically impossible to play the game. In both my saved games and any new games I start, the settings under the trade tab are broken. When I got into the trade tab, the tax and recruitment sliders are both bugged. In a new game, for example, the sliders start in the middle, however each has a second, slightly grayed and transparent slider stuck in position. The second, bugged tax slider is stuck at the far right and the tax rate is stuck at 100%, while the second, bugged recruitment slider is stuck at the far left, and the recruitment rate is stuck at 0%. If I attempt to change the tax slider (the seemingly non-bugged one) the actual tax rate doesn't change and is stuck at 100%. In addition, the two sliders seem to be pinned to one another in an inverse relationship. So, if I try to change the tax slider, the recruitment slider changes as well, but inversely.

Hopefully this description makes sense. Please help, I miss playing my game!

Thanks

Level 16 Extraplanar gamer
Posted on December 12, 2016 at 10:53 pm

Sounds like you're describing the new 'Managed' resource mode we added in the 3.2.2 update. On the trade tab you may have noticed there is now a little gear symbol next to the coin and recruits icons, this indicates the city is using 'Managed' resources. If you click these icons it will switch to a hand symbol which indicates 'Manual' resource mode which is what you're used to.

Holding the mouse over the those icons will give a tooltip that explains the changes, but if you have any questions we'd be happy to answer them here as well.

Level 2 Human gamer
Posted on December 18, 2016 at 11:44 pm

Haha! I'm dumb! Thanks for getting back to me so fast. I knew that un update had come out but didn't realize that mode had been added.

Really love the game and can't wait for the next expansion to come out!