Skip navigation

No way to detach a supply line and other things I've encountered so far

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Longbow Support > No way to detach a supply line and other things I've encountered so far
Level 2 Human Slacker
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on December 7, 2016 at 5:15 pm

I have since childhood had an interest in the Etruscan people and am playing as one of those factions in Hegemony III. During my game I have had situations were I wish the game worked differently.

1) I had connected a source building to two different cities. When I realised that I didn't need one of the supply lines , and that it cost me extra money to have it, I wanted to detach it to one of the cities. But there are as far as I know no way to detach a supply line unless the game tells you that a supply line is unnecessary.

2) When I hover my mouse over a tab or a button, there is often no information of what that tab or button is for. Many people compare Hegemony with Paradox and Total War games. Both those games have a little info tip showing when I hover my mouse over a tab or button and I wish Hegemony worked the same.

3) I opened a window to read about something and couldn't close it after. If I opened other windows that window stayed above the other ones and made it impossible to use them for upgrading or getting information. If I had saved a bit earlier I could have reloaded the game. But as my latest save was quite some time before the issue with the window and I was in a certain situation I decided to carry on until my part of Etruria was safe and worked without any major threats.

I'm sure that Longbow Games will release patches to change the game and remove different bugs and make the game more interesting to play.

Edit: I found another thread with the same issue as my number 3 above. If that happens again I'll use the advice the TS of that thread received. "Press F2 and write getwindowtop():getchild("TalkingHead"):close() and hit enter."

Level 6 Extraplanar programmer
Alignment: Good
Posted on December 8, 2016 at 8:46 pm

1) I had connected a source building to two different cities. When I realised that I didn't need one of the supply lines , and that it cost me extra money to have it, I wanted to detach it to one of the cities. But there are as far as I know no way to detach a supply line unless the game tells you that a supply line is unnecessary.You are able to select a supply line by moving your cursor over the dotted line in the zoomed-out map or the road in the zoomed-in map. Once you have it selected, you can destroy the line by clicking the detach button in the right.

2) When I hover my mouse over a tab or a button, there is often no information of what that tab or button is for. Many people compare Hegemony with Paradox and Total War games. Both those games have a little info tip showing when I hover my mouse over a tab or button and I wish Hegemony worked the same.We have tooltips over most of our tabs and buttons, as far as I'm aware. You do have to leave the mouse still for a moment before it will appear. Which buttons or tabs in particular have you found unclear?

3) I opened a window to read about something and couldn't close it after. If I opened other windows that window stayed above the other ones and made it impossible to use them for upgrading or getting information. If I had saved a bit earlier I could have reloaded the game. But as my latest save was quite some time before the issue with the window and I was in a certain situation I decided to carry on until my part of Etruria was safe and worked without any major threats.

Edit: I found another thread with the same issue as my number 3 above. If that happens again I'll use the advice the TS of that thread received. "Press F2 and write getwindowtop():getchild("TalkingHead"):close() and hit enter."
What window was it that stayed open, do you remember what quest it was part of? It would be helpful if you could tell us what it said so we could track down which one it was and hopefully fix it. Note also that you may want to run global.talkingheadstate=nil in the F2 window so that other windows can show up.

Level 2 Human Slacker
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on December 9, 2016 at 10:28 pm

Hello Christopher,

1) Ok, thank you very much. I had tried that but didn't see any result from it. Maybe I did something wrong while trying.
2) I'm sorry about number two. I must have mixed this game with another game when I was writing the post. I later on noticed that there actually are tooltip info to help with the tabs and buttons.
3) I don't really remember which window. But I think it was connected to the tutorial. And the reason to why I had no success in clicking it away might have been that you expected me to first click on a link in the tutorial message which would move my view to something important.

But another thing though. It sometimes seems that the game requires more memory than what the requirements specify. If I compare my computer with the recommended specs it is very much in line with those:

Processor: Intel Core i7 processor - Check
Memory: 4 GB RAM - Check (6Gb or 8Gb)
Graphics: 1024 MB DirectX 9.0c - Check
DirectX: Version 9.0c - Check
Storage: 4 GB available space - Check
Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c-compatible - I would think so.

I don't have any problems playing the game. It's only that when I'm zoomed out everything goes smoothly but when I zoom in again the game starts to lag for a few seconds and it lags at times when I move around. I don't know if that has anything to do with the game needing to be patched.

Your game is quite unique in how it's being played and you maybe don't like to be compared to Paradox and their games. But I know that Crusader Kings II used to be quite hard on computers in the later stages of the game. After they had patched it in some way it was flowing like melted butter. So maybe you might need to see if Hegemony III needs a similar treatment.

Thanks for a fun and a not too easy game.