Skip navigation

Volunteering for Wiki

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Hegemony > Volunteering for Wiki
Level 2 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on November 27, 2016 at 8:55 am
Tagged: wiki

Hi Team Longbow:

I'd like to volunteer to update the Gamepedia Wiki for Hegemony 3. There is a lot of content that should be up, but isn't. I'm sure new players coming into the game would be looking for a reference point online, and unfortunately the Wiki as it stands doesn't meet that need.

Is there anyone on your team/in the community that I could co-ordinate with to get content/data for the Wiki?

Level 7 Extraplanar programmer
Alignment: Good
Posted on November 29, 2016 at 11:27 pm

Thanks for your interest in helping the wiki! Most of the raw data for brigade stats, faction stats etc. can be found on our public server at https://pub.longbowgames.com/hegemony3/3.2/. If there's any help you need for the wiki, just post here or email chris@longbowgames.com or rob@longbowgames.com with your questions.

Level 2 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on November 30, 2016 at 12:26 pm

Hi Christopher,

Could you tell me where I can find the Help/Encyclopedia text entries? I'm trying to copy the faction and unit descriptions on to the Wiki.

Level 7 Extraplanar programmer
Alignment: Good
Posted on November 30, 2016 at 10:37 pm

The help/encyclopedia text entries are found in our game's Resources/Entities/language.str file. This file can be opened with any plain-text editor, but we recommend using StringWrangler, the program we developed to edit .str files. It will show a list of all strings in the file, filterable by a text entry just over the list, where you can click on any of them and have the contents of the string show up for copy/pasting.

All faction and brigade files have an article subtag that has the base of their string; the string you're looking for will be the contents of that tag followed by ::TOOLTIP, e.g. factions/rome.xnt has <article>Factions::Rome</article>, so the string to look up for them would be Factions::Rome::TOOLTIP.