Skip navigation

Hello! A question from a newcomer.

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > General Chatter > Hello! A question from a newcomer.
Level 2 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on September 12, 2016 at 4:50 pm

First of all, I'd love to say hello to everyone! I'm Eggy and I registered very recently :) I may not post a lot though.
And now, for the question I hope I can ask which pertains to buying a game. I wasn't sure if this belonged in the Longbow Support forum though, as it's more of a general question than an actual problem (but then again, if it did belong there instead, sorry for posting it here!).
So I want to buy Stone Cutter (using Paypal) for $4.99, but when I go to the cart and click "Checkout", it asks me for personal info like my address, name etc. Is there a way to skip that step and just select the payment option and everything, and would ordering the game also initiate shipping a physical copy? It's not that I don't trust the site or anything, but I personally feel a little uncomfortable entering my personal information especially since I'm worried I would be ordering a physical copy or something of the sort while I only want the digital download (and I personally see no reason to ask for the address and stuff if I won't get a physical copy anyways lol).
Sorry, I'm really just unfamiliar with and new to all this stuff, I haven't gone past the first step and I'd love it if someone could guide me and explain it all :)
Thanks!

Level 14 Human bookkeeper
Posted on September 22, 2016 at 8:30 pm

best thing to do would be to email LDA directly.
help (at) longbowgames (dot) com

glad you are here,
and good luck in all things.

toodles,
harmless

Level 9 Human
Posted on September 26, 2016 at 6:50 pm

It's just fine if you're new to online ordering – it's really an easy and pain free process. In general, when you make an order online, most retailers will always require a first name, last name and an address, even if the product you order is only accessed digitally. When requested to enter your personal information, this is only used for keeping a record of your purchase at the merchant's end. This makes it easier to sort things out, if you were to lose access to your account in the future, and would like to re-download your purchase.

There's no need to worry about any physical shipments – this used to be an additional option during the checkout process, that would add another $4.99 to your order for shipping a CD. As far as the News page states, this option is now discontinued. Also, in the case of ordering Stone Cutter, you will be given a registration code and a registry key to activate the full version of the game. This will be available on your account from the Download Centre after placing your order.

Level 2 Human gamer
Posted on September 28, 2016 at 8:35 am

Alright then, thanks a lot! :) Glad to know I won't have to worry about physical shipments and the stuff I've mentioned.
Now that it's all been cleared out for me, I'll buy Stone Cutter whenever I'm able to. It's a fun puzzle game to unwind with and I definitely want more than the 10 levels the demo offers :) I also played it a long time ago and loved it, but I never had the chance to experience the full version back then.