Skip navigation

Hegemony Gold questions

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Hegemony > Hegemony Gold questions
Level 8 Human gamer
Alignment: Lawful good
Posted on June 7, 2016 at 5:48 pm

Hi everyone, I recently came back to Hegemony Gold and have been enjoying it immensely but have run into a few problems and wondered if there were solutions for them.

1. Crashes to desktop-infrequent but irritating, appears to be the result of memory issues. Interestingly, either I'm incredibly lucky or the autosave feature somehow found a way to prevent the loss of gameplay since the last standard autosave.

2. Persians refuse to make Triremes in the Philip campaign (but not the others) making it impossible to complete the objective to destroy their fleet while also making them far less of a challenge since they won't raid by sea. Raids are annoying but this clearly wasn't intended and makes me feel like the game isn't providing the challenge it could.

3. In a recent game I had a CTD which, at the time, I thought was just the normal memory issue but seems to have stopped the AI from doing...anything. After reloading the game, however, the units I had been fighting routed and were untouchable. They never attempted to return to a city, just ran off for a while, and I couldn't kill or capture them. They're still sitting up there hanging out near Uscudama. Thinking the crash was related to them and that it was a localized issue I decided to ignore it. I got an inkling that there might be more of a problem when I went to capture the rest of the Eastern Odrysian cities but since I have broken them and they were low on food and didn't have many cities left I thought maybe it was just the AI response to being nearly wiped out and lacking resources. This left the Persians as the only AI controlled faction in the game. 1 attack revealed they suffered the same fate as the EOK and no longer responded. Units were not build in cities as I approached, units didn't issue from cities to stop me from taking nearby resources and the only damage I recieved was from the automatic defenses of cities which, now that I think about it, I could just roll catapults up to and shoot until the defenses were down and then take the city for bloodless conquests. Needless to say this has quite ruined the campaign and robbed me of my attack on the Persians much as Philip's assassination robbed him (of his Persian campaign and his life).

Has anyone encountered any of these before and do you know of a way to get around them. I remember the Persian fleet thing being a long standing issue but I would have thought there would be a fix by now.

Level 5 Human Firefighter
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on June 16, 2016 at 4:40 am

Not sure if its the same crashes as I used to get, but I noticed Hegemony would crash whenever I was zoomed out too far and tried to auto zoom somewhere. Staying zoomed in half way before auto zooming stopped it for me.
Not sure about the other points you have though sorry.

Level 5 Human Cadet
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on June 18, 2016 at 6:20 am

If you have the Steam version, try verifying the integrity of the game cache. If not, perhaps uninstalling and reinstalling the game would help.