Skip navigation

Hegemony III launch failure from Steam

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Hegemony > Hegemony III launch failure from Steam
Level 4 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on December 27, 2015 at 5:26 pm

I encounter a problem launching Hegemony III.
I bought the product on December 24 through Steam, was initially able to launch and play the game. But after a cleanup operation by System Mechanic, the game fails to launch. Deleting and reloading it does not work. I get a consistent, weird looking error message:

GK2Exception:
An error occurred while running Hegemony.
Error loading event.
file:Resources\Objectives\BurnLocrisBurn\EventEpizephyrianLocrisMoreLikeEpicFailure\Losers.XML
Error while parsing xml in file 'Resources\Objectives\BurnLocrisBurn\EventEpizephyrianLocrisMoreLikeEpicFailure\Losers.xml':
Could not open file

Thought the issue was solved when I deleted the game, reinstalled it, set permissions in the Windows10 firewall and deleted and reloaded the launch files as was recommended on some forums. But after a while during which the game was able to launch and play again, the same reoccurred over and over.

My system: 2.9 Intel Core i5, 16B G Ram, Windows 10, 64 bits, AMD Radeon R9 200.

Can you help me in solving this?

Thnx!!

Level 7 Extraplanar programmer
Alignment: Good
Posted on December 28, 2015 at 6:37 pm

It looks like an issue with the Flower of Italy mod; have you tried removing or reinstalling the mod through the steam workshop?

Level 4 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on December 28, 2015 at 8:28 pm

It looks like an issue with the Flower of Italy mod; have you tried removing or reinstalling the mod through the steam workshop?

Thanks! I unsubscribed and now it works!