Skip navigation

Downloads for old versions of DX-Ball 2, Rival Ball and Rival Ball Tournament

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Arcade Games > Downloads for old versions of DX-Ball 2, Rival Ball and Rival Ball Tournament
Level 3 Human gamer and programmer
Alignment: Good
Location: Belgrade, Serbia. Probably in front of my computer.
Posted on November 21, 2015 at 3:29 pm

For all of you who wanted to explore (or needed, if you had problems with the newer ones) the older versions of DX-Ball 2 or Rival Ball, you probably know that actually finding downloads for them on the Internet is quite hard. So I decided to make a topic here with download links for all the versions I have. If you have a version that isn't on here, I can add it to the list (and give you credit) if you send it to me via email or even by posting it here as long as it doesn't have any of the paid boards, and thanks in forward to anyone who does! And just to note, the newest versions are 1.34 for DX-Ball 2 and 1.5.7 (with 1.5.8 being in beta) for Rival Ball. Anyway, here are the download links for all the versions I have:
DX-BALL 2:
RIVAL BALL:
1.5.8 beta
Mac Version from 2002

Edit 1: The 1.32 link actually linked to 1.33. I renamed it.
Edit 2: I always wrote "1.3.2" and "1.3.3"; changed that to the actual official names 1.32 and 1.33
Edit 3: I found DX-Ball 2 version 1.0 in my Dropbox! The installer is modified and doesn't include any boards, but as far as I see it's the only public download of DX-Ball 2 1.0 on the Internet.
Edit 4: DX-Ball 2 version 1.25 is now avialable! All credit goes to cresun of YouTube who gave me the link.
Edit 5: I found DXB2 version 1.3.0.2 which is somewhere in between 1.25 and 1.32 and again, credit to cresun from YouTube for helping me determine which version it was. I can't seem to find 1.32 which would complete the DX-Ball 2 timeline, though.
Edit 6: I found the official installer for DX-Ball 2 1.0 on an old CD with games, I'm replacing the old one (made by me) with it. Also, I cleaned the topic a bit.
Edit 7: Re-added Rival Ball 1.5.6 (custom installer since I only have the official full version installers) and DX-Ball 2 1.33 and renamed their old links to 1.5.7 and 1.34 (new versions). I also found Rival Ball 1.0 (the exe version says 1.2, but it's date and inability to play DX-Ball 2 boards say otherwise).
Edit 8: Found and added Rival Ball version 1.5.1
Edit 9: Ivan Siano emailed me Rival Ball versions 1.4.2 , 1.5.0 and 1.5.3 , added them.
Edit 10: Ivan Siano emailed me DX-Ball 2 version 1.32, added it.
Edit 11: Ivan Siano emailed me Rival Ball version 1.5.8 (real - it's on this website!), added it
Edit 12: Rob uploaded Rival Ball 1.5.6 (the official installer), so I replaced the one made by me with it
Edit 13: Rob uploaded DX-Ball 2 1.32 so I replaced the link. The installers are the same though, it's just that now you're downloading from Longbow Games' official site. He also uploaded the no longer supported Mac version of Rival Ball, added it.

Posted on November 21, 2015 at 3:39 pm

Thanks to:

cresun from Youtube (known as Zephyr here on the forums) for sending me DX-Ball 2 version 1.25 and helping me with DX-Ball 2 version 1.3.0.2

Ivan Siano who emailed me Rival Ball versions 1.4.2 , 1.5.0 and 1.5.3 and DX-Ball 2 version 1.32

and Rob from Longbow Games who uploaded Rival Ball 1.5.6 , 1.5.7 and 1.5.8!

I'll add anyone else who helps to me here as a thank you :)

Level 3 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on November 21, 2015 at 11:32 pm

did you have DX-Ball 2 version 1.25 and 1.00

Posted on November 22, 2015 at 6:15 am

did you have DX-Ball 2 version 1.25 and 1.00
I don't have DXB2 1.25, and I remember downloading 1.0 on my old laptop from the internet, but can't seem to find it now. I'll look for the install file on that laptop.

Level 3 Human gamer
Posted on November 23, 2015 at 9:56 am

I already own the 1.32

What's the difference between 1.32 and 1.33?

Posted on November 23, 2015 at 6:13 pm

1.33 installs ShFolder.dll on Windows 95, 98 and ME because 1.32 (or 1.25 idk) didn't work on those operating systems as it didn't have ShFolder.dll
Inside the game 1.33 says it is 1.32, so to know which version you have you can do one of these:
1. Check in the relase history of the readme file. If it has 1.33 in the timeline then you have DXB2 1.33
2. Look in the game folder. If there's a file named ShFolder.exe (that's the installer for the DLL), then you have 1.33. Also, the installer is autorun durning the installation of DXB2 itself on Win 95, 98 and ME so if yo have one of those you should find both ShFolder.EXE and ShFolder.DLL
The game itself is completely same in 1.33 and in 1.32
If you do have 1.32, then could you give me the installer (or even just a archive of the game's directory - it works) so I can add it to the list? And, of course, remove any paid boards before that. You can also e-mail me the files, and I'll replace any boards with the demo ones (I got DX-Ball 2 for christmas on a DVD full of games btw)

Posted on November 25, 2015 at 9:45 pm

bump

Level 3 Human gamer
Posted on December 8, 2015 at 9:15 am

Hey, sorry for late response. I've been busy for college and exams since last 2 weeks.

Anyway, version 1.32 is still available on the DX Ball 2 webpage on this site, under the Windows Demo link

Posted on December 16, 2015 at 1:31 pm

That's 1.3.3, you can see it by doing one of the checks I posted earlyer

Posted on April 8, 2016 at 8:30 pm

I was just cleaning up my Dropbox because my 48 GB Samsung promotion is running out. Guess what I found - my ole' download of DX-Ball 2 1.0! I need to make a new Dropbox with my other e-mail which I'll use for hosting shared files, clean up the install (the installer has the full Pack 1 boards, I need to remove them. Don't worry about not getting the official installer but rather my custom Install Creator one - I'm pretty sure the original isn't official either, and it has a few typos) and I'll post it. I actually think that will be the ONLY DX-Ball 2 1.0 download publicly avialble on the internet right now, yay :D

Level 2 Human gamer
Posted on March 10, 2017 at 6:41 am

I agree with NikolaPekovicAR..

Level 12 Human Cyb0rg tank pil0t:|@- ҉҈҉҈҉-§¹Ç--҉҈҉-
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on July 17, 2017 at 9:44 am

I was just cleaning up my Dropbox because my 48 GB Samsung promotion is running out. Guess what I found - my ole' download of DX-Ball 2 1.0! I need to make a new Dropbox with my other e-mail which I'll use for hosting shared files, clean up the install (the installer has the full Pack 1 boards, I need to remove them. Don't worry about not getting the official installer but rather my custom Install Creator one - I'm pretty sure the original isn't official either, and it has a few typos) and I'll post it. I actually think that will be the ONLY DX-Ball 2 1.0 download publicly avialble on the internet right now, yay :D

thanks for posting this :)

Posted on November 2, 2017 at 12:08 am

bump