Skip navigation

"Not an IMST file" message

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Arcade Games > "Not an IMST file" message
Level 4 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on November 16, 2015 at 1:38 pm

I'm about to load a boardset into DXBoard, and it shows the error message.

The board didn't load, but shows only a bunch of white bricks without any textures (I've already loaded the brick set, but the same error message appears).

Level 4 Human gamer and programmer
Alignment: Good
Posted on November 17, 2015 at 6:31 am

DXBoard requiers to be installed in the same folder as DX-Ball 2 and you must have installed DX-Ball 2 v1.2 with the official installer (avialable at the Scorched Reality archve at Blitwise's site). Then you must open a file from the boards subdirectory, for editing a boardset a BDS file, or for makikng one choose an IMG file for bricks and one for backgrounds. There is also an old beta version of DXBoard which only lets you make sets with Seumas' brickset and background-set (requiring you to have Board Pack 1/its demo (the demo only has some backgrounds so you may only see a black background on some levels made with DXBoard) or a file with the same name as the real brick/backgroundset with a replacement for each one) that doesn't require you to have DX-Ball 2 installed through the official installer. I can put it for download unless it's illegal and it most likely is as LDA put a ban on usermade levels.