Skip navigation

RBT servers not working

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Arcade Games > RBT servers not working
Level 4 Human gamer and programmer
Alignment: Good
Posted on November 14, 2015 at 1:30 am

Several months ago I got both Rival Ball boardpacks and Rival Ball Tournament (no expansion). Rival Ball works good, everything is fine, my DX-Ball 2 boards from a christmas DVD with DXB2 on it work, I can play online and so on. But after installing RBT I had a problem. It can't connect to the servers! Some time ago I was doing an OS reinstall, trying to increase performance. After reinstalling RB and RBT, I had no luck connecting. I was also unable to log into my account I made for RBT (Nikola Pekovic is its name) before reinstalling Windows. It probably only existed on my computer and not on the servers, as I'm unable to acess the servers. So I have a question:
Are the servers gone for good, like RB's online highscores? Or is it just my computer? Or are the servers temporarily down and they were (are) down for a long time? Maybe I was just unlucky enough to try to connect to the servers only when they are down?
As always, thanks in advance.
EDIT: Forgot to mention, the game freezes when I try to change game room.

Level 10 Human
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on November 19, 2015 at 9:30 am

The high score server has been down for years, so that feature has been discontinued for the casual games. As for the network play, I can't connect Rival Ball Tournament to the Longbow server, either. RBT network play was always left in the shadow of the more crowded Rival Ball lobby, so I guess they decided to shut down the RBT server altogether. Also, if I recall correctly, it was once stated that the Rival Ball servers are shut down during the weekends. Not sure if this still applies ?

Level 4 Human gamer and programmer
Alignment: Good
Posted on November 20, 2015 at 5:03 am

I've never had problems connecting to the Rival Ball lobby, so I'm pretty sure those servers are run 24/7. Still no luck connecting to RBT though, so those servers are most likely shut down. It would be nice if this thread got a reply from someone who works at LDA.

Level 13 Human Cyb0rg tank pil0t:|@- ҉҈҉҈҉-§¹Ç--҉҈҉-
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on July 17, 2017 at 10:05 am

Several months ago I got both Rival Ball boardpacks and Rival Ball Tournament (no expansion). Rival Ball works good, everything is fine, my DX-Ball 2 boards from a christmas DVD with DXB2 on it work, I can play online and so on. But after installing RBT I had a problem. It can't connect to the servers! Some time ago I was doing an OS reinstall, trying to increase performance. After reinstalling RB and RBT, I had no luck connecting. I was also unable to log into my account I made for RBT (Nikola Pekovic is its name) before reinstalling Windows. It probably only existed on my computer and not on the servers, as I'm unable to acess the servers. So I have a question:
Are the servers gone for good, like RB's online highscores? Or is it just my computer? Or are the servers temporarily down and they were (are) down for a long time? Maybe I was just unlucky enough to try to connect to the servers only when they are down?
As always, thanks in advance.
EDIT: Forgot to mention, the game freezes when I try to change game room.

check the Download Centre for the new version.

Rick apparently fixed up the network portion of the game.