Skip navigation

DX-Ball 1 version 1.0

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > General Chatter > DX-Ball 1 version 1.0
Level 3 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on October 12, 2015 at 5:09 am

Did anyone here still have a copy of version 1.0 of the original DX-Ball?

I've searching through the internet, but I can't find it. :(

If you're asking why I'm looking for it, because I want to discover the cheats and secrets that only works in the initial version.

Level 9 Human
Posted on October 15, 2015 at 4:35 am

I was able to track down the original DX-Ball website from the internet archive, but it seems they only have a copy of version 1.07. What kind of cheats / secrets were you thinking about ? The only ones I've heard of are CTRL+F3 to get the laser guns, CTRL+F4 to expand the paddle, and CTRL+F1 on the title screen to access the board editor.

Level 3 Human gamer
Posted on October 15, 2015 at 5:58 am

In this article, it says that there are more cheats like instant extra life, Fireball, Thru Bricks, and many others.

None of those work on 1.07 nor 1.09.

So I assume that those additional cheats are from the older version, or... is it a fake code?

Level 9 Human
Posted on October 15, 2015 at 9:16 am

I'm pretty sure those cheats are fake. Cheat sites tend to be ridden with false information, like hoaxes that incline the player to accomplish something difficult for a given reward, only to have them waste their time in the end. It's also possible those codes might stem from a trainer, having ended up out of context. Either way, if you still feel uncertain, you could try get in touch with Michael about it.

Level 3 Human gamer
Posted on October 15, 2015 at 1:29 pm

I think you're right, and seems the author appear to be an anonymous, unresponsible person that post misleading codes...