Skip navigation

Gunfight SFX for DX-Ball 2

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Arcade Games > Gunfight SFX for DX-Ball 2
Level 3 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on September 27, 2015 at 1:27 am

Get an epic sound experience on a brick-breaking game with this mod. Realistic firearm samples, crafted carefully with Audacity for the best sounds...

Download here

Main features:
-When you get a blue power-up, you'll hear a reload. This works best with Shooting Paddle :)
-Exploding bricks and fireball have a sniper-esque explosion sound. Just hit it and BANG!
-Shooting Paddle sounds like a shotgun, exceptionally realistic!
-Normal bricks sounds like a SMG. get a Thru Brick and it feels like a rapid fire!
-When a power-up appears, you'll hear a glass breaking
-Extremely LOUD thunder sound, beware headphone users! :)
-Zapping noise replaced by white noise
-All other sounds are from Rival Ball

If you missed my first mod and how to install them,
click here

Level 3 Human gamer
Posted on September 27, 2015 at 1:28 am

The installation method is just the same as the first one...

Level 9 Human
Posted on September 28, 2015 at 3:40 pm

Those are some pretty cool sound effects. Nice work. ;)

Level 3 Human gamer
Posted on September 28, 2015 at 11:06 pm

Keep in mind that the sounds may slightly drop (not all sound heard) when multiple sounds are played at once. This is probably due to limitations of sample rate, and I made these sounds with higher bitrate than original DX-Ball sounds.

In addition, sound files other than DX-Ball/Rival Ball SFX are played in-game one octave lower (2X slower) than the normal pitch. So this sound mod were modified in Audacity to sound one octave higher when played in other media players, so that they sound with their original pitch in-game.

In the other hand, I also made this mod ( a separate files) for DX-Ball and Super DX-Ball, but the sounds are kept original (no editing), since the pitch remains the same. I noticed that this mod works even more better in those two, since none of the sounds were dropped if multiple sounds are played together (e.g when in chain reaction of exploding bricks).