Skip navigation

Where is the Map Editor?

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Hegemony > Where is the Map Editor?
Level 5 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on September 23, 2015 at 9:48 pm

Where is the Map Editor for Hegemony III? How do I launch it? The Wiki article doesn't mention that little detail, and I can't find it!

Level 5 Human gamer
Posted on September 23, 2015 at 10:01 pm

OK I found it. It only works when launching from the "Play" button in Steam. The game launches automatically when I use the desktop icon and the option to launch the editor doesn't appear.

Level 5 Human Firefighter
Posted on August 2, 2016 at 7:46 am

Hey guys,
Slight necro but is there a way to open the editor without steam? I got the game from Humble and don't like to use steam, but I havn't found any shortcut or way to open it yet. thge launcher exe file I have just starts the game.
Cheers
Nighteyes

Level 3 Human gamer and programmer
Alignment: Good
Location: Belgrade, Serbia. Probably in front of my computer.
Posted on August 2, 2016 at 9:37 pm

Hey guys,
Slight necro but is there a way to open the editor without steam? I got the game from Humble and don't like to use steam, but I havn't found any shortcut or way to open it yet. thge launcher exe file I have just starts the game.
Cheers
Nighteyes

I don't own Hegemony 3 but I guess you might be able to find a standalone exe of the editor in the directory where Hegemony is installed and make a shortcut to it (right click>send to>desktop). On Steam, right-click the name of the game in your libary, click Properties, and click Browse Local Files in the Local Files tab, and look for the editor .exe in the folder that opens.

Posted on August 2, 2016 at 10:36 pm

Yeah I've looked in the folders, unfortunetly there is no obvious editor exe. :(
Not sure if there is a way to create a shortcut though the properties window, or if there is an exe I can download for it.
Thanks anyway mate.

Level 7 Extraplanar programmer
Alignment: Good
Posted on August 5, 2016 at 10:32 pm

You can reach the editor by running Hegemony III.exe with the "editmap" command argument; this can be done by creating a shortcut to Hegemony III.exe and editing its target to have -editmap after the .exe name.

We've also created a LaunchEditor.bat for Humble users to use which will be included in the next version of the game. If you want, you can download it here, save it in the same folder as the Launcher.exe, and run it to launch the editor.

Posted on August 6, 2016 at 1:26 am

Awesome, thanks heaps Chris.
Looking forward to playing around with some landscaping while I wait for the new update :)

Level 2 Human Slacker
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on December 8, 2016 at 6:21 pm

I have watched the four videos on Youtube about working with the map editor. If I don't want to import a map from NASA, like is being done in the first video, is it possible to import a height map which is custom made in Gimp?