Skip navigation

Classic Arkanoid SFX Mod by Herdjati

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Arcade Games > Classic Arkanoid SFX Mod by Herdjati
Level 4 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on September 21, 2015 at 2:47 am

Bring back the 80's with this sound mod and combine the modern gameplay of DX-Ball 2 with classic sounds from Arkanoid (1986). 100% original sounds, and they'll work exactly like they did on Arkanoid

Click here to download

How to install:
1. Download the zip file above
2. Extract all the files to a folder
3. Rename the folder to "Sounds"
4. Copy the folder to C:\Program Files\LDA Games\DX-BALL 2\. You may want to backup the original DXB2 sound files by moving them into another folder
5. Start the game and enjoy the old-school sounds ;)

Notes: -Also compatible with Rival Ball version 1.3 or older...
-For the best results, I recommend you to turn off the in-game music
-If the sound quality are bad, change the playback rate from 22050 to 44100. This setting is in the config.cfg file

Stay tuned for other sound mods... More sounds coming soon! :)

Level 10 Human
Posted on September 21, 2015 at 5:57 am

Hey, that's a pretty sweet SFX mod, there. I've never played Arkanoid, but this gave me a nice fuzzy feeling of retro. :)

Level 4 Human gamer
Posted on September 21, 2015 at 1:13 pm

Thanks for your feedback... ;)

If you're not familiar with Arkanoid, it is the most successful and popular "breakout" game in the 80's, far before MegaBall and DX-Ball were released.
It is also the first game of this type to feature power-ups when hitting bricks.

In fact, MegaBall and DX-Ball were both directly inspired from Arkanoid, rather than the original Atari Breakout