Skip navigation

Hegemony 3 How do I Colonize Cities

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Hegemony > Hegemony 3 How do I Colonize Cities
Level 7 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on August 31, 2015 at 10:35 pm

As the title suggest how do i change a cities faction allegiance to my own once i capture it? Do i build colonists from a native city and just leave them in the foreign city? Do i need to disband the colonists once there?

I wasn't able to find too much info about this process in game or on the forums so any help would be appreciated.

Level 3 Human 3D Modeler
Alignment: Good
Posted on September 1, 2015 at 12:22 pm

You need colonists from your Culture. You'll need 1 colonist per city level of the desired city.

So, say Rome is Level VI and you want it Etruscan, you'll need 6 colonists. Move them into the city and hit the Colonize button on the bottom right of the city info tab.

Level 7 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on September 3, 2015 at 5:59 am

Thanks Phalnax! Makes sense now.

Level 3 Human 3D Modeler
Alignment: Good
Posted on September 3, 2015 at 11:53 am

Thanks Phalnax! Makes sense now.

Sure, it took me forever to find that button at first even though I was looking for a button for such a task. womp womp.

There is a bug with Colonists though. Instead of being consumed, they are added to that city's recruitment pool allowing you to recruit a new set of colonists and continue doing the same thing without penalty. Don't get used to it...although it is convenient.