Skip navigation

About the Scenarios in Hegemony 3 (Mainly the Italy one)

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Hegemony > About the Scenarios in Hegemony 3 (Mainly the Italy one)
Level 8 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on August 31, 2015 at 12:31 am

Hey Everyone,

First a little backstory, heh.

So decided to get back into the Hegemony Series after a long, long layoff of the series itself. Haven't really played since Hegemony Gold.

Turns out I had Hegemony Rise of Rome sitting in my steam account for god knows how long and decided to finally play that this weekend. Having a blast with that, and than when I happened to notice H3 came out along with a nice loyalty discount for having the first 2 games was immediately sold to get it ;).

Loaded up the game noticed the 2 campaigns and wasn't really interested in the first one (just a bit to far back for me with Ancient history, heh), but defiantly interested in the second one it offered the Unification of Italy, so loaded that up. Now, maybe it's me because I'm simply so use to the way the first 2 games played out, but this scenario is way more on the "sandbox" oriented side than actual story. (I'm sure the first scenario will be similar too, but haven't tried it yet)

Honestly, I really miss that portion which the first 2 games of the series had, but also had it's sandbox portion for those who enjoyed that (thus those games catered to both crowds which was great I thought).. Obviously I'm out of the loop for so long and I know the Devs have always listened to the fans and all, is this really what the fans wanted as Hegemony 3? (Meaning more Sandbox oriented campaign less story driven...)

Don't get me wrong I still enjoy the game, but was just a little taken back that I didn't see those wonderfully narrated comic cutscenes and the little story cutscenes that played during the course of a game.

Level 8 Human gamer
Posted on August 31, 2015 at 2:19 am

agreed. To me the intent of this game was sandbox since you can pick any faction to conquer italy with. Hegemony gold we played the campaigns of Phillip, in Hegemony Rome we played the campaigns of Caeser, in h3 there is only our campaigns :).

I wouldn't mind a DLC that added a historical campaign. That what made Hegemony Gold great.

Level 8 Human Truffle Farmer
Alignment: Good
Posted on August 31, 2015 at 3:06 am

Yeah, that was always my favourite part.

Given the way of the world and the way DLC works I guess I could deal with some cool DLC campaign material in the future. Still a little disappointed that it isn't here on launch but we need to be realists. On the plus side, they have some considerable creative freedom with DLC and expansions, especially with some of the offmap areas like the Illyrian coast and pirate raiding and the potential to add sicily, corsica and sardinia for that nice naval empire building.

Level 8 Human Truffle Farmer
Alignment: Good
Posted on August 31, 2015 at 3:06 am

Edit to remove double post. I'm sure all the guys say this but this has never happened to me before...honest. :P

Level 8 Human gamer
Posted on August 31, 2015 at 7:12 pm

agreed. To me the intent of this game was sandbox since you can pick any faction to conquer italy with. Hegemony gold we played the campaigns of Phillip, in Hegemony Rome we played the campaigns of Caeser, in h3 there is only our campaigns :).

I wouldn't mind a DLC that added a historical campaign. That what made Hegemony Gold great.

Yes totally with ya on that, Hegemony 3 needs really needs a story driven campaign and to be honest I'd totally out shell out 10 or 15 bucks for one if it's doable. Perhaps I'm not alone, or maybe I am, but to me that's what makes the Hegemony series so unique are the story driven elements within it's massive campaigns.

Than again, the DLC released for Hegemony 2 wasn't much at all, so not sure if we will see something like this for 3. Naturally time will tell.