Skip navigation

Hegemony III Raider Spam - Is This a Bug or WAD?

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Hegemony > Hegemony III Raider Spam - Is This a Bug or WAD?
Level 6 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on August 26, 2015 at 4:57 pm

The rate of raider creation is off the charts in this game. I just captured and demolished a raider camp, and before my troops were half way back to the nearest city, the camp respawned with four raider units. Is this a bug or WAD?

The only way to avoid this is to not demolish the raider camps, which then consumes more of my already scarce cash. It seems like there is a really good game in here, but this raider spam from spawning and respawning raider camps, along with coastal raiders, is completely killing the experience - all I'm doing in my game is fighting off raiders, which is not what I bought this game for. There are at least two threads on Steam about this and no one from Longbow has offered a comment. A few play tips, or an acknowledgement that you are looking at this issue would go a long way. Would someone from Longbow please address this issue?

Level 4 Human 3D Modeler
Alignment: Good
Posted on August 26, 2015 at 5:52 pm

I've heard that walls deter coastal raiders somewhat. I'm at work so cannot test it. I know two of my three cities in my longer game were unwalled and both attacked.

Level 9 Human Truffle Farmer
Posted on August 27, 2015 at 9:09 am

Yeah, keeps you quite busy. The fast respawn rate is frustrating. Especially considering the raiders are the weakest part of the entire game. I'd much rather spend the time and effort attempting to pull off a beautiful siege of a massive city than spend my time shuttling the ever short supply of troops around to shore up defenses against endless raiders.

Wish I could totally turn them off.

EDIT: It's been a few days since the game went out on steam. The developers seem to be very quiet on their own forum, I'd have expected the first few days after a release for them to be a little more active...or to at least hear from them in some shape or form.

Level 8 Human gamer
Posted on August 31, 2015 at 2:32 am

i have not seen the raider spawn problem inland but for the pirates just put a unit where the pirates beach and they will never disembark.

i do notice the camps do respawn early on in the campaign for example if you clear a camp before doing the tour of the native cities then they will respawn with the quest to destroy the fort and gain the city.

Level 9 Human Truffle Farmer
Posted on August 31, 2015 at 3:02 am

Found the steam forums, apparently the devs are more active there. Turns out they have changed the spawn rate for rebels somewhat.

Level 6 Human gamer
Posted on September 5, 2015 at 4:54 pm

The first patch fixed this problem, so it was just a bug. The first patch also seems to have reduced inland raiding considerably. And as Phalnax pointed out - walls (even if they are only wooden walls) in coastal cities (and garrisons of a unit or two) do seem to keep the coastal raiders away.

Level 4 Human gamer
Posted on September 19, 2015 at 6:30 pm

Wheres the first patch?

Level 6 Human gamer
Posted on September 20, 2015 at 7:55 pm

I'm on Steam, so I just enable the beta patch through the properties tab.