Skip navigation

Hegemony: Rome mod. Radical historicity sandbox (nearly 100 historical factions)

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Hegemony > Hegemony: Rome mod. Radical historicity sandbox (nearly 100 historical factions)
Level 4 Human Vocabularistically corpulent.
Alignment: Good
Posted on August 25, 2015 at 12:14 pm

Posted this on steam, figured I'd also put it here. This took me a few months of research, would like to see it get downloaded at least once :p

This mod adds a new historic sandbox that throws balance out the window in favor of radical historicity. The sandbox contains 97 factions that are historic for the time period, including some major new ones such as Massalia, the Bituriges, Senones, Morini, Lemovices, Osismii, Lingones etc, as well as a plethora of minor ones such as the Parisii, Frisii, Iceni and others that you might have never even heard of.
The sandbox strives to be as historically accurate as possible within the game's limitations.
This also means that balance has gone out the window. Certain minor factions might represent a truly hardcore experience. Whereas Rome might benefit from a much less united Gaul.

Each faction comes with the small article of historical information that the vanilla ones have, so if you like history, or reading, you might enjoy that as well.

In the sandbox, you might also start off with preexisting alliances and truces, further representing the political situation of 65 BC Gaul.

No pre-existing data has been edited, so you don't have to worry about it messing up the game or any other mods you may have. It also does not change the pre-existing full Gaul sandbox, but just adds an additional one.

Screenshot: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=505557103

DL LINK:
http://www7.zippyshare.com/v/FU0AzjAG/file.html

To install, unzip the file in your Documents/Longbow Digital Arts/Hegemony Rome/Mods folder. If there is no Mods folder inside the Hegemony Rome folder, simply create one.

There is a readme file included in the .zip, which you might want to take a look at if interested. It contains some notes explaining certain decisions made while making the mod.

NOTE: In the faction selection screen, YOU MUST go to options - objective - faction objectives and set "capture number of cities" to "none". Failing to do so WILL result in the sandbox failing to load correctly. (Having to do with the game not being able to generate the "capture x cities of faction y" objective, if faction y only has 1 native city.)

Level 8 Human Truffle Farmer
Posted on August 26, 2015 at 6:14 am

Sounds pretty cool. I'll check it out.

Level 3 Human Retired IT
Posted on September 26, 2015 at 11:25 pm

It sounded so cool - I downloaded it before owning the game!

It also sounded like a ton of work, too. Thank you Fristi!

pj

Level 7 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on November 11, 2015 at 2:20 pm

Stumbled across this after a longer pause.....thanks for your efforts!

Anything making Hegemony-Rome harder is a plus. I love the way the game is built...so its doubly sad to see it hampered by a weak strategic AI.

So I will joyfully give this a whirl!