Skip navigation

Custom Mod Help: Laser Explosphere Inherits Tank's Launch Inertia

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Tread Marks > Custom Mod Help: Laser Explosphere Inherits Tank's Launch Inertia
Level 3 Human Student
Alignment: Good
Posted on August 3, 2015 at 10:09 pm
Tagged: weapon mod help laser new

Hello, everyone! I'm new to this forum and have known Treadmarks for a few years, but never really decided to get into playing clan battles or the like. I have a question about a mod that I simply cannot figure out on my own, and so I would appreciate anyone's help.

I'm working on a weapon mod that fires an orbital laser down from the sky, but I'm using the original laser weapon as a base. This does have one unintended consequence--after the explosphere meant to look like the actual laser beam appears, it moves as if inheriting launch inertia from the tank, even though I've put in LaunchInertia = 0 for all entities of the mod. I don't want my sky laser to drive around with me; it should stay in place, like a good sky laser should. Do you know my the original laser effect does this?

Any help or redirection would be appreciated! Thank you!

Level 3 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on November 17, 2015 at 12:37 am

Try adding globalcoords = 1 so that the launch coordinate is not relative to any other entity but to the world.

Some other options:
Create a spewer class entity and locate it very high, like a Y coordinate set at more that 1000.
The drawback will be that you'll loose any controll on it after the launch: It will continue to fire by itself untill it have reatched it spewing quota, but it won't follow your tank anymore. For this to work, the projectile need to be very highly guided or it will shoot rather randomly all over the place.

Another option would be to locate it so high (Y coordinate over 10000) that it's movement becomes unperciptible.