Skip navigation

Income(Gold) bug in Hegemony Rome

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Longbow Support > Income(Gold) bug in Hegemony Rome
Level 4 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on March 28, 2015 at 11:20 pm

Reposted from other thread into the support forums, more relevant

Had a longish session as a single play, for ~3 hours, saved with multiple save points. Loaded up the save this morning, and the Income (gold) is stuck at -1000. It always starts negative on load but then trundles back up as it re-calculates. Now this save point I actually used (before rage quitting last night) in a failed attempt to land in Briton (in chapter 3), didn't really do properly, and I know income was positive before I launched.

Fine, I figured ill use previous quicksave...Also -ve income, Ok the one before that Also negative. Now I successfully assaulted ~5 cities between these two quicksaves, with no desertion, and I know the income was positive, and I required positive income to assault and complete the chapter, and I have the saves from AFTER it so I know that I did it!

Ive tried deleting trade routes\forts etc, emptying mines and re-filling...it stubbornly wont go back positive. The only thing I can speculate is that the 'gold rewards' from missions is not being added back in on load?

Income graph here, the peak was where I saved and went to bed :O Since loading its the downwards trend.

Any Ideas? I can attach the save files etc if its of help

Level 4 Human gamer
Posted on March 29, 2015 at 4:43 am

Saves uploaded (From the other thread)
http://www.filedropper.com/hegemonyrome
Rar File with 3 files, 2 most recent quicksaves and the formal save..

Level 13 Extraplanar Programmer
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on March 31, 2015 at 1:36 am

If you wait long enough it should correct itself. The problem is that it has to recalculate all the trade routes after loading, which takes some time. Rob's looked into this, and unfortunately there's no easy fix; it's still on his bug list, he's just not sure when he'll be able to get to it.

Level 4 Human gamer
Posted on March 31, 2015 at 2:52 am

Hi Rick,

Thank you for your response,
I know about the recalculation your talking about, this is different,
the -1000 is AFTER the recalculation, which is seems to be in error, even if i leave in for 10 mins it stays -ve, yet I know it was postive BEFORE I saved and exited, and the last 2 quicksaves are also -ve, yet I clearly remained positive to invade numerous other cities as shown as the last save.. If I go back far enough, its normal, however the last hour + of game play across multiple saves says -ve.

I believe this is a different problem.