Skip navigation

Town recruitment stance generates food

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Longbow Support > Town recruitment stance generates food
Level 5 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on January 12, 2015 at 9:54 pm

The town recruitment stance is supposed to boost recruit generation at the cost of food consumption, but as it turns out the sign for food consumption is wrong (+25 food, should be -25 food). This is true in the current Steam beta version.

Level 17 Extraplanar gamer
Posted on January 23, 2015 at 10:24 pm

Thanks for the report and sorry for the slow reply. After looking into the issue, the stance wasn't actually generating food but there was a problem in how it was displayed in the trade tab. I've fixed the problem so that it now correctly displays "-25" and will include this in the next update.

Level 5 Human gamer
Posted on January 26, 2015 at 11:15 am

Actually, on closer inspection it appears the stance-based food modifier does nothing at all. I started a new campaign so I had just my starting city, no units, no farms, put the city on resupply. Food stocks remained steady at 90. No change.

Level 5 Human gamer
Posted on March 13, 2015 at 5:31 pm

At this time in the beta, it seems the mechanic is working properly. Cities consume food when in recruitment stance, and this shows up as such in the economy tab. However, the consumption is not reflected in the breakdown in the tooltip for global food.

Evidence: http://s16.postimg.org/i63mg3yh1/food.jpg