Skip navigation

Rome - BUG: Can no longer select more than one unit at a time when inside cities or forts

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Longbow Support > Rome - BUG: Can no longer select more than one unit at a time when inside cities or forts
Level 8 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on January 4, 2015 at 12:00 am

FORGET: I figured it out.

In case this happens to someone else, I'll put my answer at the bottom:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
ORIGINAL ISSUE

I only noticed it today, I'm pretty sure it wasn't there before the last update.

If you want to select more than one unit stationed inside a city, you used to be able to left-click on the portraits while holding "shift".

It no longer works.

I went back to Hegemony Gold, and there it works fine with Shift.

In Rome, I have tried holding Control, Ctrl+Shift, Alt... right-click, nothing works. I tried resetting controls back to default (I had not changed them anyway). Nope.

It's annoying not to be able to select number of units to give them an order. Outside the cities and forts it works.

Thanks!

PS: I'm on Steam, version 2.2.0 rev 33463x64 I was on Beta branch, went back to release but no difference. I have all the DLC's installed. I have two computers, same behaviour on both.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SOLUTION

My keyboard is not a QWERTY, and the game doesn't (yet?) have in-game keyboard remapping.
So I followed Longbow instructions and edited the controls.xml file.

There are two ways to do this. Either you edit the original, or you copy it into your user folder and edit that copy.
I wanted to leave game files intact so I copied and edited...

Not a good idea.

I did it so long ago and so quickly that I had forgotten about it.

More importantly, up to now, the file had worked through all the updates, but I guess that with that last update they became significant and my file no longer worked correctly.