Skip navigation

(New Tank) (WIP) Arlo T-27 2

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Tread Marks > (New Tank) (WIP) Arlo T-27 2
Pages 1 2
Level 14 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on September 13, 2005 at 12:30 am

Ok.. a while ago I created a tank called the Arlo T-27. It was based off of a model that is in the TM directory(tank 4 i think). I had always ment to create a Mesh for it but I was not as good as i am now. If you want to see the first one go here http://treadmarks.vorklift.com/tm_download.php?id=4 (Thx Random Chaos). It is in the list under the name Arlo.

I recreated it with a new mesh, Texture , Explosions and every thing.It even has a new name Arlo T-87 Destroyer. Sounds kinda corny but I like it. Right now I am doing some ent work for it but here are two Renders.
(sorry to all you who have Dial up)

http://nemesis.tippy.name/arlo1/arlo1.jpg

http://nemesis.tippy.name/arlo2/arlo2.jpg

The Text on the side is backwords because that is the way the TM engine renders a texture on a mesh.(I wish I knew why. Any one know?)
Feed back Please!!!

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on September 13, 2005 at 1:36 am

think it has something to do with the opengl vs dx. yes it is annoying but one learns to deal with it :)

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on September 13, 2005 at 1:50 am

Looks nifty! 8) :D

Send a copy my way if you get the chance... ;)

Level 13 Human Unaffiliated Game Maker
Alignment: Chaotic
Posted on September 13, 2005 at 10:21 am

Nice Tank!
Can't seem to find that old one on the link though...

Level 14 Extraplanar Programmer
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on September 13, 2005 at 12:17 pm

I expect this poll to be nothing but 100% "Good".

Nice work, NEMesis.

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on September 13, 2005 at 12:21 pm

that is 1 hot tank it will cream my M1 anyday.

Posted on September 13, 2005 at 2:07 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Hey Nemesis - The body's kind of like the Nemesis!!! :lol:

Level 15 Human Jack-of-all-trades
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on September 13, 2005 at 4:17 pm

Ah, I notice another dual barrelled tank; take some time and look at the conan mod which has and ent and image for a double tank round.

I set the Conan as a double 120mm since hands down, the barbarian has the biggest bore barrels in the game for stock tanks.

At one time I had a version of the Draconian with a custom skin and double 100mm tank rounds using the same configuration as the Conan.

To be fair, the Conan should take a wee bit longer to reload than a stock round especially if you get hit ( :twisted:

Posted on September 13, 2005 at 4:19 pm

Why didn't you decrease the power of the shells it fires - that way it is balanced and it looks good
- I have a draconian based tank that i made - but not one with double fire.

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on September 13, 2005 at 4:56 pm

THx for the comments guys... Its still a WIP (Work in Progress) but it will be done soon.

I had the Conan in mind when i designed the projectile for the arlo and it should be very pleasing to the eye.

Right now I am in the middle of touching up the texture, adding vents, lights and extra what not. I am also finishing up the ent work and making some new engine sounds. Th last Arlo engine sounds were just a rip from another game. This time all of it will have been made by me, which is the point.

2ndSelf: Its there, its called Arlo made by King Tiger (that was my name before i changed it)

Posted on September 13, 2005 at 5:01 pm

King Tiger Probably part of my confusion!

Posted on September 13, 2005 at 5:12 pm

Original isn't actualy that bad - think I actualy recognise the engine sound from somewhere but it's still good. I can make decent tanks but I don't make my own meshes yet.

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on September 13, 2005 at 5:47 pm

Mesh's: To start out I recomend trying Milkshape 3D until you can get somthing like SolidWorks, Cinima4D, or Lightwave. Maya is good to so is 3DSm but i generaly think of them as for animation proggramss but they still work.

That mesh took me about 2 hours in all, once i removed all the invalid Verticies and Cleaned it up a bit. It started out as a 15,000 poly model and turnde into a 1000 poly tank for tm. :) {that is why it does not really look like the first :)}

Ill be posting some Screen Shots from in game tonight...

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on September 13, 2005 at 8:56 pm

Posted on September 14, 2005 at 4:00 pm

Wow I quite like your Tank-Destroyer-Tank!
I notice the tank namesounds from warcraft 3 ( now that's a good game! )
I would have used sounds from that but I can't seem to find them - maybee I'm not looking hard enough!

Do you play warcraft 3?
Alot of my time recently has been spent on making a TD map and a campaign for it ( But I'm not exceptionaly talented at it! - that's a pretty nice way of saying it - recently I have figured it out though and gotten loads better. )

Nice shots :wink:

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on September 14, 2005 at 4:42 pm

Yeah i made the tank destroyer about 2 or 3 months after the arlo and just befor i textured BZPs King Tiger tank. Yeah i did rip the sounds from Warcraft 3 but that was when I owned a copy it and I used the map editor to get the sound files... the music is there to. As I said I did own it and the copy was a burned cd that i recieved from my sis B/f about a month befor the game first came out. but it broke so now i dont have a copy.

Posted on September 14, 2005 at 5:02 pm

It's kept a high price tag of £20.00 for the game and £20.00 for the expansion in the years it's been out too - if that doesn't say something good about it I duno what does.

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on September 14, 2005 at 5:54 pm

TBI ive played you before...and it looks like that tank fits you greatly

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on September 14, 2005 at 11:42 pm

Thx Unescapable, i gues it does fit my playing style. :twisted: :!: :!: :!:

Any Ways.... Its Done. Its Here, well actuallly its at the link below. :?
[url]http://nemesis.tippy.name/arlot87.zip</a>

:shock: Simple install, just extract it to the TM directory... DUH LOL

Please Post At Least One comment After Playing With It.

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on September 15, 2005 at 12:05 am

Tanks... :D 8)

Pages 1 2