Skip navigation

Updates size

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Hegemony > Updates size
Level 5 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on November 8, 2014 at 8:07 pm

Hi there ! I came to the Download center as to see if something was still moving... and saw a new patch had surfaced. So I was about to begin downloading then I checked the size of the file : 1.6GB ! Is this some kind of joke or did I miss something ? Am I supposed to download such a huge file in order to benefit from a bunch of changes ? Is this file including that much of new stuff ? Perhaps there's a complete change log somewhere ? Thanks for your upcoming answer :o)

Level 14 Extraplanar Programmer
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on November 11, 2014 at 3:11 am

Sorry, it's not a patch, it's the full version of the game. If you're averse to huge downloads, you might want to wait until 2.2.0, since we're hoping to get that out in about a week and a half.

There's really a huge number of changes. Here's the list:
2.0.5b1
2.0.5b2

The last post talks about the free DLC; if you bought the game here, you don't need to download that separately; it's included in the base game.

Level 5 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on November 16, 2014 at 3:41 pm

Okay, thanks for your reply :)
My game was bought here and is actually reading 2.0.3 so I guess I must buy the DLC ? Just to make sure about what you said, I should wait until 2.2 shows up but is this just because this version is closing in or because it will be released as a smaller file ? As I see it now, an update from Longbow perspective is treated as a complete download of the game ? This is annoying for people like me who can't benefit from high end ADSL connection... 1GB download means an almost 3 hours long connection ! By the way, pardon my poor English as it's not my native language ;)