Skip navigation

Wars of Ancient Greece Registeration Issues

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Longbow Support > Wars of Ancient Greece Registeration Issues
Level 4 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on August 27, 2014 at 7:19 pm

Hi,

Bought Kalypso packed boxed version of the game, entered product key and it all worked fine. then I tried to upgrade the game by downlading and installing the demo from your site as recommended by Rick here http://www.longbowgames.com/forums/topic/?id=2978
once done, though, it asked me for a product key again. when I type my HEG-... key, it says product is already registered! well it is registered, by me.

so Im stuck I cant play after upgrading (which I already regret) even in the demo mod.

help please

Level 14 Extraplanar Programmer
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on August 28, 2014 at 8:24 am

Hi Sarkiss,

Are you pressing the "Register new account" button in the Kalypso launcher?

If so, that's where you're running into trouble. Since you've already registered once, you should never need to push that button ever again. Just enter the email address and password you initially used the first time you registered and everything should be fine.

If you forgot the email/password combo you initially used, you can email Kalypso at support@kalypsomedia.com and ask them to detach the CD key from your account, and that will let you register with a different email address.

Level 4 Human gamer
Posted on August 28, 2014 at 8:39 am

Hi Rick,

Thanks for your reply. I dont deliberately press "Register new account" button. once I got the latest demo installed on top of my original game (that was registered and worked fine prior to that), everytime I try to launch a game the Kalypso registration screen pops up. and when i enter my details (i did not forget the email/password combo i initially used) it says that the copy registered already. there is no way around it, it simply doest let me pass this screen:-(

Level 14 Extraplanar Programmer
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on August 28, 2014 at 8:43 am

Okay, it sounds like you might be best off just contacting support@kalypsomedia.com. They should be able to fix any problems with your serial code.

Alternatively, it's completely safe to uninstall and reinstall your game. Your saved games are stored separately, so they won't be deleted when you uninstall the game.

Level 4 Human gamer
Posted on August 28, 2014 at 8:54 am

thanks for a quick reply. i tried reinstalling several time but each time get this registration screen that doesnt recognise my key.

will try contacting kalypso