Skip navigation

Severe crashing in Chapter IV near halfway point. Cannot finish game, very frustrated.

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Longbow Support > Severe crashing in Chapter IV near halfway point. Cannot finish game, very frustrated.
Level 4 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on July 24, 2014 at 12:06 pm
Tagged: crashing

I am STILL attempting to complete Chapter IV of the campaign after a week of crashing. I'm about out of patience and posts on the Steam forum go unanswered it seems, so I've come here.

The crash happens around the time I discover the southern region of the map, moving into the area to finish the hostage objectives. It does not matter how far back I go with the auto-saves, nor does restarting the entire chapter make a difference. I've done a full restart and even tried a whole new campaign beginning in Chapter IV, and it still happens. I also tried validating the local cache via Steam. There is not a specific trigger (as far as I can tell), but it seems to occur right when I begin taking southern regions of the map OR around the time I am destroying the Menapii marsh camps - can't be certain either way though.

I do not have the error text, but I do have the dump file generated by the game. I've uploaded it to Google Drive, but I don't see a way to attach it to this post. Help would be appreciated, and if you need the dump file just ask for the link. Thanks.

Level 13 Extraplanar Programmer
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on July 25, 2014 at 12:32 am

Sorry about that. Email the dump file and your saved game to rick@longbowgames.com. See here if you're not sure where your saved games are stored.