Skip navigation

Chapter IV Issues - starting resources

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Longbow Support > Chapter IV Issues - starting resources
Level 8 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on July 10, 2014 at 2:10 pm

I am unable to get anywhere at the start of Chapter IV. When I secure every logging resources I LOSE 7,500 logs and have to start building from there....this makes it impossible to build walls, markets, fisheries or anything else. I also am not generating any food from the farms I captured so everyone starves and dies. I have restarted and re-finished Chapter 3 and same issue persists.

Level 13 Extraplanar Programmer
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on July 11, 2014 at 2:05 am

The start of chapter 4 is certainly challenging, but it is doable. The most important thing is to be very careful with your recruits. It's winter, so your farms aren't generating much food, so don't build too many soldiers early on or you won't be able to feed them.

I find it easiest to leave a soldier outside of Treverorum to guard against advance from the south, then take the bulk of my army east, building a fort outside of Confluentes as a staging ground before moving on.

Since food is scarce, a fishery is a great first upgrade, and getting the hunter upgrade for your troops is helpful too. Once you complete the Pinned Down quest, you'll get 150 wood and 150 recruits, so that will help too. If you need more recruits, remember that you can disband slaves in cities to convert them into recruits.

I don't really understand what you're saying about losing logs, though. Can you explain what's happening there?