Skip navigation

Rival Ball how does fire ball differ from ice ball

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Arcade Games > Rival Ball how does fire ball differ from ice ball
Level 8 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on June 7, 2014 at 11:26 pm

I've played DX-Ball 2 for years, but I just started playing Rival Ball. I can't figure out how Fire Ball differs from Ice Ball.

Level 14 Human wizard
Alignment: Good
Posted on June 9, 2014 at 11:28 pm

AFAIK, only cosmetic differences exist between Fire ball and Ice ball. Just another power-up to collect (or avoid, if one is going for a score attack).

In short, they both cause explosive damage and they both make the ball big (while the power-up is in effect).

Level 8 Human gamer
Posted on June 16, 2014 at 12:50 am

Yeah, that seems right, from what I have observed.
Thanks for the reply.

Level 4 Human gamer
Posted on March 16, 2015 at 7:29 am

So I went to the Pottery with Cutter, and of course it was a complete disaster. After smashing our way through 21 sets of pots, Cutter felt quite cocky, being in the lead, and boasted with some clever technique to suspend the ball. He did react, though, when I finally launched off my own ball, in fear that I would aim for a goal. ;)

Level 4 Human gamer
Posted on August 10, 2015 at 7:20 am

When I first playing this game, I thought Ice Ball would cause the bricks to freeze and become indestructible, but when I discovered it for the first time, it's just Fireball with different colour.

Level 13 Human Cyb0rg tank pil0t:|@- ҉҈҉҈҉-§¹Ç--҉҈҉-
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on July 17, 2017 at 10:08 am

I've played DX-Ball 2 for years, but I just started playing Rival Ball. I can't figure out how Fire Ball differs from Ice Ball.

iceball destroys 3 to 4 bricks. fireball destroys 2.

they are slight differences, but slow motion video playback will reveal that.

Level 10 Human
Posted on August 8, 2017 at 11:27 pm

From what I can tell, the amount of bricks they destroy appears to be the same. It seems both the fire ball and the ice ball will destroy all adjacent bricks to the brick that is hit. I think that would add up to a possibility of 8 bricks destroyed at most.

Level 4 Human gamer and programmer
Alignment: Good
Posted on August 12, 2017 at 10:51 pm

I believe both turn the brick(s) they hit into exploding bricks, and make them immideatly blow up, and I'm pretty sure exploders destroy all bricks around them.