Skip navigation

Do chapters end on their own?

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Hegemony > Do chapters end on their own?
Level 5 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on June 7, 2014 at 2:15 am

Or am I expected to just load the next chapter when I'm done? Chapter one is not ending for me and I've done everything I can think of to move on.

Level 7 Extraplanar programmer
Alignment: Good
Posted on June 7, 2014 at 2:48 am

After beating a chapter, a pop-up should show telling you you've won, displaying some stats, and asking if you would like to load the next chapter or stay on chapter one for a bit longer. Are you not getting this pop-up? Did the ending cutscene for chapter 1 play? Try pressing "L" and looking in your quest log; are there any hegemony objectives (marked with an eagle) left incomplete?

Level 5 Human gamer
Posted on June 7, 2014 at 3:29 am

All objectives are crossed off when I look at the "L" menu. And none appear on screen anymore in gameplay. First chapter. no, no final cutscene played. chapter 1.

Level 5 Human gamer
Posted on June 8, 2014 at 6:50 am

So... no response to this? Is anyone else playing this game? Am I alone with this bug? I hesitate to continue playing the campaigns if this is going to happen a lot?

Level 5 Human gamer
Alignment: Lawful
Posted on June 8, 2014 at 8:21 am

I think the developers are on vacation because they also haven't replyed none of my questions and e-mails. Hope they return soon to support their product because there are still a lot of bugs here...

Posted on June 10, 2014 at 1:16 am

I'm afraid I don't know what might be causing this and will need to investigate further. Can you send a save game with the issue to chris@longbowgames.com? It would also be helpful to recieve any other saves from the session, back when you had the objectives.

Level 5 Human gamer
Posted on June 10, 2014 at 4:46 am

I will, if you let me know where the savegames are...

I sure miss the good old days when they were stored IN the game's directory...

OMFG your game is one of TWO games in the HISTORY of my win 7 computer to use the savegame folder! LOL! What hilarity...

Ok emailing it now.

Level 8 Human gamer
Posted on January 6, 2015 at 9:18 pm

I have exactly the same issue, have their been a solution to this?

Posted on January 8, 2015 at 8:58 pm

I wasn't able to reproduce this even with the savegames sent to me by Dearmad and was not able to determine the cause of the issue in his playthrough but did find that the ending triggered properly for him if he was sent a savegame near the end. If you can you email chris@longbowgames.com with more details (ideally savegames set before and after you defeat Ariovistus and as detailed a walkthrough of what you did in your playthrough as you can remember), I can send you a savegame which should end the chapter properly.