Skip navigation

Chapter IV Vercingetorix

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Hegemony > Chapter IV Vercingetorix
Level 7 Human gamer
Alignment: Lawful
Posted on May 30, 2014 at 5:20 am

Hi, loving the game overall so far, but I'd just like to say I really dislike how many of the cities you've conquered revolt back to Unified Gaul upon reaching Geneva.

It's up there with Shogun II's realm divide as a frustrating experience for me, it seems to add little extra depth or challenge, just extra tedium of reconquering cities you've already taken once. And losing most of your logistics network and native auxiliaries is just icing on the cake.

Honestly I feel like Vercingetorix would be better off split into a 5th campaign, or at least having the north removed from play to cut back on the tedious micro since you're gigantic at that stage.

Anyone else agree? Disagree?

Level 5 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on June 5, 2014 at 5:59 pm

I'd be happy to agree or disagree if I could get Caesar and whats-his-face to enter Genava. I must be missing something, because when I move Caesar there he won't enter the city either as an ally or a conquered city. Ironically I played through during early access and remember the "realm divide" you describe, but I don't remember how it was achieved.

Level 8 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on June 18, 2014 at 4:41 am

I have the same impression about the rebellion in the north and gave up playing the campaign to the end. It's just cumbersome and boring to do exactly the same thing i just did a few steps earlier. It prolongs the game in an unnecessary way and don't add anything interesting to the gameplay or campaign...