Skip navigation

Home City Mechanics are too hidden in Rome

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Hegemony > Home City Mechanics are too hidden in Rome
Level 4 Human Gigalo
Alignment: Chaotic evil
Posted on May 27, 2014 at 10:24 pm

The home city stuff is really important, and in Greece it was pretty clear. You could see by clicking on a city how many units it was supporting, and was more visible on a unit which city it belonged to.

The unit side is now hidden in a tooltip which is hard to find, and I can't see how you can see which units a city supports. I think a new player would be taken by surprise even more since they wouldn't know to be looking for it.

Level 8 Human Truffle Farmer
Alignment: Good
Posted on May 29, 2014 at 9:18 am

I will agree. I find the interface in general to be a little more cumbersome compared to Hegemony: Gold. I don't really have anything specific to add though beyond a vague feeling.

Level 5 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on May 29, 2014 at 3:44 pm

I will agree. I find the interface in general to be a little more cumbersome compared to Hegemony: Gold. I don't really have anything specific to add though beyond a vague feeling.

Yep. Sandbox radiates a feeling of "too many elements in the air" once I own more tribes than I can specialize their recruits from. I would benefit from having the home region of a brigade lightly shaded on the map when I select them to designate their home city.

Level 5 Extraplanar Artist
Alignment: Good
Posted on May 30, 2014 at 3:34 pm

Hi, thought I'd let you know that we'll be updating that information; the tool-tip for units now says "home city", "Faction" (eg, Bibracte, Caesar), and the tool tip for cities is now "City Name" "Faction" city controlled by "faction".

Hopefully that'll help, and hopefully we'll be able to get that update out to you soon :)