Skip navigation

Hegemony Rome: Modding

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Hegemony > Hegemony Rome: Modding
Level 4 Human gamer
Alignment: Good
Posted on May 20, 2014 at 1:58 am

I would love to delve into some map modding for Hegemony Rome. It would be the perfect platform, in my opinion, for a mod of a self designed fantasy world I've built over the years.

I've found the files I "think" are relevant to the map files, but it would be nice to have a list of all the files that need to be changed to alter the map without causing an instant crash on startup.

Level 4 Extraplanar Duck Environment Creator
Alignment: Lawful good
Posted on May 20, 2014 at 7:35 pm

Hi! Resident map editing person here. I checked with the guys in the office and the word is: we do have plans in future to release our map editor, but for now it's probably not advisable to play around with the map file.

Level 4 Human gamer
Posted on May 21, 2014 at 6:39 pm

Can't wait for you guys to release it. I've been itching for a mod friendly game like this for years. Sure, there are others out there that are technically moddable, but none of them actually come with an editor. That you guys have decided to include one at some point is a breathe of fresh air.

And maybe I can finally see my own map and game dreams come to light with your editor! Love the idea.

Posted on May 21, 2014 at 7:02 pm

I'm not going to lie, I think our editor is awesome! ;)

Level 4 Human Cadet
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on May 22, 2014 at 9:12 am

I'm not going to lie, I think our editor is awesome! ;)

Will it be easy to use for n00bs like me?

Posted on May 22, 2014 at 7:49 pm

I'd say so. There are a bunch of tools that have a bit of a learning curve, but if you're willing to play around a bit I'm sure you'll work out what they do. (I'll also be happy to answer questions about the editor, if you have any!)

Level 4 Human gamer
Posted on May 23, 2014 at 4:21 am

Any tentative date set for the editor release?

Level 5 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on August 10, 2014 at 6:28 am

I was looking at the files of Hegemony Rome The Rise of Ceasar and I am so happy at how the files are setup in a easy to find and use way. With an understanding of lua and other languages and file types I plan to make campaigns for all factions with Fully voiced movies that trigger with different objectives completed like the standard Caesar Campaign's. Since the files move files are in .BK I can Create a movie and convert it to .bk and trigger the even via an objective completion threw the .lua this is awesome. With further optimization I may even be able to create a larger map for a wider scale. The gameplay would also be nice with a 3 Kingdoms of Zhōngguó mod since many of Sun Tzu ideas are part of the gameplay. I really enjoy the decisions made on how files are setup in Hegemony rome. The Greater path is narrow and long and the road to ruin wide and short.