Skip navigation

Hegemony Rome is Available Now!

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > News > Hegemony Rome is Available Now!
Level 17 Extraplanar gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on May 17, 2014 at 12:25 am
Tagged: hegemonyrome

We made it! It's been a crazy couple months through Early Access, but we're excited to announce that Hegemony Rome has been officially released and is available now through Steam, the Longbow Store (non-Steam, English only) and most other digital retailers.

We want to say a special thanks to everyone who made it possible. This was a hugely ambitious project for us and we couldn't have done it without the support from the community, everyone in Early Access, the team over at Kalypso/Kasedo, and all our friends and family who put up with us through some crazy crunch times.

But, as I said in the last post: this isn't really the end. While all of the major features and content have been completed, there is still a lot we want to do. The next update is already in the works, and we've got a lot more plans to keep us busy with new content and features for the foreseeable future.

So stay tuned, and thanks again!

Level 8 Human gamer
Alignment: Lawful
Posted on May 17, 2014 at 1:13 am

Is it wrong to be pissed off that within hour you were pushed off the front page and buried under a pile of old and/or casual trash games mass dumb by yet another two bit publisher?

The fuck is Valves problem allowing that shit to keep happening.

Level 5 Human Cadet
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on May 17, 2014 at 9:10 am

Is it wrong to be pissed off that within hour you were pushed off the front page and buried under a pile of old and/or casual trash games mass dumb by yet another two bit publisher?

The fuck is Valves problem allowing that shit to keep happening.

While I was very pleased to see that I could get an ARMA game for free (and personally I wouldn't pass judgment on a game or developer before experiencing then firsthand), I'm also a bit pissed off. I only found out the game was finished by seeing it on this site.

Anyway, instead of dwelling on the bad, let's focus on the good!

Level 8 Human CEO
Alignment: Lawful good
Posted on May 23, 2014 at 6:47 pm

CONGRATULATIONS everyone. I have logged thousands of hours in Hegemony just with the original campaign. I am looking forward to paying less than .001 cents per gaming hour with Hegemony Rome.

One thing: I'm a busy CEO type myself with a young, small company to run. I had no idea you had released. It was just my "I wonder how Rob and company are doing..." that brought me to this joyous moment. I am downloading now and cannot wait to play.

Well done folks. Well done indeed. I hope you're all getting back in touch with your families and maybe considering a brief holiday...

Level 6 Human gamer
Posted on June 26, 2014 at 6:45 am

What about AI in sandbox.....are they now attaching each other and player in the game?

Level 6 Human gamer
Posted on June 30, 2014 at 2:12 pm

What about AI in sandbox.....are they now attaching each other and player in the game?

Level 6 Human gamer
Posted on July 15, 2014 at 6:46 am

Are you here?

Level 14 Extraplanar Programmer
Posted on July 17, 2014 at 2:14 am

Sorry, old threads don't get seen too often.

Yes, when you start a sandbox game, you can choose whether each faction will be aggressive or defensive.

Level 7 Human Ranger Gamer
Posted on July 27, 2014 at 11:28 pm

This is good news =D I'll buy it as soon as my salary comes in, even though I know I probably won't have time to play it =(