Skip navigation

Rome Leaves Early Access May 15

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > News > Rome Leaves Early Access May 15
Level 17 Extraplanar gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on May 13, 2014 at 7:44 am
Tagged: hegemonyrome

We're excited to announce that Hegemony Rome will officially be ending Early Access May 15th and moving into regular release. This doesn't mean an end to the updates - we've got another big one coming this week and there's definitely more polishing and tweaking we plan to do - particularly with the AI. But it does mean a slightly slower pace to the updates and a greater focus on stability and compatibility.

For those who've already joined us in Early Access, this won't change much and we hope you keeping sending us your feedback and ideas. But for those who've been waiting to see how the game turned out, May 15th will be a great time to check it out and see what we've been up to these past few months.

Level 9 Human professional ruffian
Alignment: Lawful good
Posted on May 13, 2014 at 5:01 pm

Will sandbox mode be fully implemented in the release version?

Level 6 Human gamer
Posted on May 13, 2014 at 5:43 pm

spanish version?:(

Level 8 Human gamer
Posted on May 13, 2014 at 8:20 pm

Wow! Great news!

I'm looking forward to the big update this week.

I didn't think we were so close to general release.

I've been playing early access quite a bit and I'm still missing a lot of features and smoothness compared to Hegemony Gold: formations for one.

Also, in Sandbox after having conquered only about a fifth of the map and not even explored the rest, the game turns to molasses... the mouse cursor feels like it's made of lead!

(I have a new gaming rig with 32GB or RAM and a very good video card)

I had given up on the sandbox mode in early access and was considering waiting for the release before reattempting the campaign.
OK...I'll be honest... I started again Philip's campaign because I was craving the smoothness and the nice group formations ...

Anyway, keep up the good work and I'm looking forward to the updates.

Level 8 Human Dreamer
Posted on May 15, 2014 at 6:56 pm

Yeah I have to agree with jeprira. Ive been playing on a gtx 780 and have extreme frame rate stutter around the 3rd campaign and it gets more violent on the sandbox. Great game, hope this gets fixed soon.

Level 5 Human Cadet
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on May 16, 2014 at 11:17 pm

Great job guys! Let the Barbarian hordes tremble before my Legions!

Yeah I have to agree with jeprira. Ive been playing on a gtx 780 and have extreme frame rate stutter around the 3rd campaign and it gets more violent on the sandbox. Great game, hope this gets fixed soon.

Yeah, I've had the same thing happen to me. Damn frustrating.

Level 8 Human gamer
Alignment: Good
Posted on May 17, 2014 at 12:10 am

Is there a summary of the changes in comparison to Hegemony 1?
And maybe a roadmap of features that still have to be implemented?

Level 8 Human gamer
Alignment: Good
Posted on May 19, 2014 at 11:59 am

Hello?
There is only one limited review out there and I don't want to watch hours of videos, that probably are outdated anyway.