Skip navigation

Rise of Caesar Suggestions and Issues

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Hegemony > Rise of Caesar Suggestions and Issues
Level 4 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on March 21, 2014 at 2:00 pm

Firstly well done!! The game looks great! The new features are excellent. Ive had a couple of CTDs but that's fair with early access (is there somewhere in particular I should post bug reports?) I just have a couple of suggestions. Primarily game speed. It is much too fast to my liking. The battles are decided in seconds, the troop speeds far too fast. Even from a simply realism point of view it takes more than 3 days to cross the alps and it took 7 or more years to conquer Gaul. At the current rate it will only take about 2 at most!

I cant enjoy the battles because before I have set up my battle line, the battle is over. Not only that but also I dont have time to enjoy a battle because Im being raided constantly. I like being raided constantly dont get me wrong, it is simply that when Im having to uber micro a larger battle only to have to deal with a raider it means I miss out on the action entirely.

So for me a general Slow Mode/Unit slowdown for the game without compromising on gameplay is what Im lookign for. Especially with larger empires it becomes distinctly painful to micro.

Level 5 Human English-Norwegian translator
Alignment: Lawful
Posted on March 29, 2014 at 3:53 pm

I sometimes feel the same way. Variable speed settings would be great.