Skip navigation

Crash and pathfinding Issues

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Longbow Support > Crash and pathfinding Issues
Level 5 Human Archer
Alignment: Lawful
Posted on March 16, 2014 at 6:26 pm

Hello,
I got this error message just after a crash: Invalid call to IDirect3DDevice9::Reset This could happen if all D3DPOOL.Default surfaces have been freed.

Pathfinding issue:
I had 2 ranged units: one javelin and one slinger units who I had ordered to attack a a couple of units very close to a red border line. After I routed the closest enemy unit both of my ranged units were stuck where they were at against the border line. Every time I tried to order them to move or garrison anywhere I just got the path not found message repeatedly. It was like they were stuck in ranged combat with the second enemy archer unit on the other side of the barrier.

Also what do I do with dump files. Should I attach them in an email. I don't see anyway to attach them to a post here. Sorry if I missed it I don't use forums often.

Level 14 Extraplanar Programmer
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on March 25, 2014 at 3:16 am

The pathfinding issue has been fixed, and will no longer be a problem in the next build.

The device reset problem is more open-ended. Did it happen after you alt-tabbed away from the game?

Dumps can always be email to me or Rob.