Skip navigation

Few bugs found in Rome

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Longbow Support > Few bugs found in Rome
Level 8 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on March 12, 2014 at 2:43 am

Hello,

I am really liking the game and appreciate the early access.

I have found a few issues along the way.

1) If a general is involved in a siege my game crashes.
2) After launching an attack on a city, I am unable to assign additional units to the siege after the original units are defeated/turned away. I have to wait until the original units are either enslaved/executed or return to a friendly city. However, I have had a glitch where my units are being executed and the progress bar stalls at 100%. The only work around when this later issue has happened was to send additional units to distract the executing forces.
3) After finishing a chapter and choosing to continue playing, I am unable to either quit the chapter, or find how to quit the chapter, and move on to the next without exiting the game.

Regards,

Level 14 Extraplanar Programmer
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on March 13, 2014 at 8:52 pm

1) This is a little light on details, but if it's the bug I think it is, it's been fixed in our current build, which should be released soon. (We wanted to release today, but we need to wait for an update from Steam first.)
2) We haven't fixed this one yet, but we've got it documented on our bug tracker.
3) This one is a little curious to us, and probably indicates that we need to improve the wording in the message box. If you choose to keep playing at the end of the chapter, then the correct way to start the next chapter is just to select the next chapter from the 'New Game' screen whenever you're ready to move on. Was that the source of your misunderstanding?

Level 8 Human gamer
Posted on March 14, 2014 at 6:45 pm

Thanks for the response,

1) I experience a crash when a unit with a general attached is involved in combat pertaining to the siege of a city. This can happen before the unit in question reaches the city and is involved in combat with defending forces, or during the siege itself.

3) I do believe that was the source of my misunderstanding. I did not correlate new game with next chapter, so I never thought to look there. To be honest, those instructions may have been displayed on screen; however, at that time I was finally getting the upper hand on the enemy and wanted to continue immediately.

Regards,

Level 14 Extraplanar Programmer
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on March 14, 2014 at 9:21 pm

1) Did it give an error message saying "general brigade size != 1"? If so, that's the one we've fixed, and there should be an update with that fix soon.

3) Thanks for the clarification. If you choose to keep playing, we're probably going to add a second dialog box to say something like "When you're ready to move to the next chapter, just select the next chapter from the 'New' screen on the main menu".

Level 8 Human gamer
Posted on March 15, 2014 at 6:04 am

Indeed, that was the error message I received. I look forward to the update. As for the chapter message, I am sure whatever you come up with will be fine.

Thanks again for the responses.

Level 4 Human gamer
Posted on October 21, 2014 at 3:43 am

Hi devteam members.

First of all, congratulation for your game: it's really a good one !
I play on Steam in beta mode to help and I found something strange: most of the time my cities' stock panels show an incorrect amount of wood. For example my capitol get 230/400 in Wood but I can still upgrade for a Stone Wall.

Speaking of which, asking for any upgrade seems to correct this error by reveling my true local stock number. Not for long unfortunately.
Hope it will help you !

Level 4 Human gamer
Posted on November 18, 2014 at 8:43 pm

Playing on steam beta version. Playing as Cantuvellauni and after capturing a logging camp game crashes. Tried three times each with the same result. No error messages or anything. Game just closes back to desktop.