Skip navigation

Beta 29896

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Hegemony > Beta 29896
Level 8 Human Master & Commander, HMS Spitfire
Alignment: Lawful
Posted on March 9, 2014 at 5:53 pm

I finished scenario 2 and started into 3. No crashes, the bug squashing is going well.

The bridge over the Moselle by Confluentes still causes pathing issues. The fix is to order a unit into the bridge first, then back out.

Posted on March 10, 2014 at 1:59 am

Scenario 3 is much better, too. Pathing in the English Channel has been fixed. The smaller fleet requirement is appropriate.

I'm stuck in England, though--I have a few defeated units that won't move, and the Britons won't execute or enslave them. I can't figure out how to shift them.

The scenario now directs you to land on the north beach by Dumna (sp?), and the Britons are much stronger. It feels more like a tentative invasion and retreat.

Previously, I'd landed in the South at Regni. If you take the port and set up a supply line, you can reinforce and hold out forever, so the retreat didn't feel right.

I'm really happy with the constant progress.

Posted on March 12, 2014 at 10:05 pm

I've gotten so far as "Defeat Britannian Fleet." I withdraw my earlier comment about smaller fleet sizes--the second invasion still requires 10 warships and 20 transports, which seems disproportionately large to the size of the army I need to transport.

Anyway, it appears the naval combat isn't yet turned on--I can't get my warships to attack the Britannian ones, so I'm stuck there. I know Romans weren't the best sailors, but these crews seem to be a bunch of pacifists . . .

I finally figured out that a fort on the coast can be used as a port, which gave me a supply line across the Channel.